• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Sound system equipment location...suggestions?

merlinjet

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have settled on my gear now, so, I need some help on where to mount it. I'm mainly looking for where you guys with 232's mounted your amps,power blocks, etc. I'll have 2 amps.

sethman919

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Here's mine. Wasn't quite done at this point, but close.
20180710_200741.jpg

merlinjet

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Here's mine. Wasn't quite done at this point, but close.
View attachment 94237
Nice job, @sethman919! Must have been a tight fit working in there. Some questions:

Did you use 4AWG wire from the battery to the board? How did you route it? About how many feet of wire?

What kind of board did you use?

Did you use a central power block somewhere to connect everything?

I'm assuming you put in new speakers...did you pull new wire or reuse the old?

sethman919

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nice job, @sethman919! Must have been a tight fit working in there. Some questions:

Did you use 4AWG wire from the battery to the board? How did you route it? About how many feet of wire?

What kind of board did you use?

Did you use a central power block somewhere to connect everything?

I'm assuming you put in new speakers...did you pull new wire or reuse the old?
Yes I used 4ga as the main power wire. I ran it across the front of the engine bay then up the drivers side.

I used marine plywood with plain speaker carpet on it. I did most the work before mounting the board in the boat.

I put in Polk db651s and a JL sub. I reused the wires for the db651s. Were not into bumping out music real hard. If I were using mx650s I would have ran new speaker wires.

merlinjet

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'm with you...not interested in blowing folks off the beach; just good, clear sound underway. I'll be using Kickers all around, 2 x 6.5 (bow), 4 x 8 (two new tower, two cockpit replacing old 6.5's) and a sub. I've got to pull new wire to the sub and tower so I'll probably go ahead and pull new wire for all. Thx for the info!

merlinjet

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yes, that's where I thinking about putting, also. Did you drill the hole yourself?

sethman919

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes, that's where I thinking about putting, also. Did you drill the hole yourself?
Yes.... i used a plug in dremel with rotozip bits and a circle jig. you gotta go reaaaaal slow. i probably used 4 bits too cause i was being too impatient. some kind of lubricant on the bit would probably help too.

merlinjet

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Got it, thx! Not looking forward to that part...

sethman919

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Got it, thx! Not looking forward to that part...
Cover the area in painter's tape to help with any chipping of the gel coat around the edges. Make sure you wear a mask. Dont want to breathe that stuff.