• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Sound System Recommendations (soundbar?)

Nkc240

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hi gang,

So after a full year of enjoying my 2015 ar240, I'm finally fed up with the sound system. I don't mind it while we're floating but when we're on the go, I really can't hear anything until I full blast the volume. I've been looking at different options but I have recently come across the new 17 212x soundbars that seems to fit my needs perfectly. I want something that's not intrusive and can swivel down while we're cruising. I don't enjoy blasting loud music anymore but I would like to at least hear something when we're moving.

Has anyone experienced these Wet Sound sound bars? I'm looking at the 10 speaker passive version to compliment the stock system. How hard would it be to install? I assume its got an internal amp so I just have to route a pair of wires to the stock amp and another positive to the battery?

I have not seen or heard these speakers yet. Please chime in if you have or any other recommendations. Thanks.

Weaver1855

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I added a pair of Roswell 8" Tower speakers, and I added two Roswell 6 1/2's to the swim step at the beginning of the summer and it made a huge difference. I can finally hear music while we are boating. As far as sound bars, I have heard very good things about the wet sounds sound bar, link below.

https://wetsounds.com/pages/products/stealth10c.html

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I love my Wetsounds sound bar......in my Can Am Maverick. Not sure it would have the power or sound I'd be looking for in a boating situation. Maybe someone who has one on their 242x can chime in @Julian ?

813-16-ar240

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I added a pair of Roswell 8" Tower speakers, and I added two Roswell 6 1/2's to the swim step at the beginning of the summer and it made a huge difference. I can finally hear music while we are boating. As far as sound bars, I have heard very good things about the wet sounds sound bar, link below.

https://wetsounds.com/pages/products/stealth10c.html
Did you replace your cushions? Or modified stocks? Pics please! thanks.

Weaver1855

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Nkc240

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Did you replace the amp with the 2 additional 6.5s in the swim platform?

Weaver1855

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length