• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Sound System

Shelby Lowery

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
After realizing it's impossible to hear anything by the time the boat is on plane I've decided to hit the upgrade button.

Thinking of going with wet sounds new REVO 8's to replace the 61/2's we currently have and adding an amp. Has anyone cut holes for additional speakers towards the front of the boat and face them towards the rear?

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was seriously thinking about installing a pair under the "step up" to the bow on either side.

Shelby Lowery

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I was also looking there for a pair of 61/2's

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I ordered some Polk DB651's to replace the factory Junk.

Grover70

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I've been using a portable waterproof bluetooth speaker system from Costco. There definitely needs to be a sound system on the FSH you can hear.

Shelby Lowery

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I wish I can find someone with the Wet Sounds Revo speakers so I can decide on which size I for sure want.

Shelby Lowery

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Bought 2 pair of Wet Sounds 6 1/2" Revo with a HT-2 amp. Plain on installing next week and will update with the results.

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Grover70 Is it the waterproof, floatable EcoXgear
upload_2017-8-11_23-59-51.png

16'FSHSport

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I actually purchased a pair of Wetsound Revo 6's to replace the existing center console speakers. Awesome quality! From the feel of the surround to the gasket they are well designed. HOWEVER one came with a bad driver out of the box so they went back. I was bummed. I also have to warn you that you will need an amp. The factory head unit just doesn't have good enough power to push them. They really need 75-100 watts a channel otherwise they don't really sound good.

JL Audio makes an M series and the quality is pretty close to the Revo. I think for marine use Wetsounds has the edge. The M's will also require an amp to really sound their best. So when I sent the Revo's back I bought a pair of JL MX770 to replace the factory 6.5's. They would sound best with an amp but don't sound bad with out one. The 770's hole is only a little bigger than the factory holes. So you just need to open the holes with a Roto-Zip. The Mid-range and clarity is vastly improved and they will go much louder but you will also notice a lack on the low end so you might want to put in a small sub. I am using a Wetsounds Stealth AS-6. It is small.

You really have to plan what you are doing including budget! For one there isn't a lot of room to cut holes......yet alone big holes. For instance the Revo 8's are a bit bigger than the JL 770. The starboard CC existing speaker had room. The port side is tricky do to the light mount inside the CC and the clearance on the rod holders on the outside. The Revo 8 would work but it would be tight. The 770 to me is a better fit and requires less power. I'm trying to improve sound quality and get more volume. I'm not trying to impress the people 1/2 mile down shore.

Van T

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have the revo sixes mounted in the center console with a htx 6 amp and rev8s to put on the tower if it ever stops raining I hooked everything up and is loud is crap I think the eights in the center console might be a little tight . that's why I didn't do it. The revo6 are plenty loud you can hear them fine full speed with a amp I might add two more speakers inside to .talk to the guy at earmark audio he's pretty good but if you want zoom control and hook up multiple speakers or going to have to go with a different head unit I installed a Fusion and I'm happy with it had to make a plate because of the stereo was smaller than old stereo I think the model I got was like to ms -70 it's just a basic unit I didn't need one I hook to my phone inside because my phone wouldn't fit also if you get a new head unit lot of them are based off of iPhone so depending what kind of phone you have the software doesn't work I have to plug my phone into the USB port to make it work Bluetooth but I think there's a way around I just haven't messed with it yet

Shelby Lowery

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Gret info. Let's get som pics!!!

I bought 2 pair of the Wet Sounds Revo 6 1/2's and called the company to get their advice on which amp. They recommend their HTX2 and wire the speakers to a 2Ohm load. They said they have ran this specific set up numerous times and assured me that I would be happy.
I will replace the factory set in the console and install the other pair in the sidewalls to both sides of the cooler by the steps. Will post pics as soon as I get time to install.

Van T

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
If you are going to add more speakers get a 4 channel amp htx is a 2 channel

Shelby Lowery

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I know that's the first thing I said but Wet Sounds told me that running two 4OHM speakers to the same channel will provide a 2OHM load. Thus the varying wattage output when comparing 4 vs 2 loads and it would be fine for this setup.

Van T

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
So I still don't see how you are going to run 4 speakers off a 2 channel amp are you running each set of speakers in parallel you might be under powered those revos take some juice. And are you still running stock head unit there is no signal blue wire for the amp .I'm pretty sure there's the spot you can pin in one
In the wiring harness they just didn't put it on are boats B2 is where you'll have to pin it. it's in between the black wire and the red wire coming out of the head unit you can figure all that out and your owner's manual to your stock head unit.

Shelby Lowery

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
So I still don't see how you are going to run 4 speakers off a 2 channel amp are you running each set of speakers in parallel you might be under powered those revos take some juice. And are you still running stock head unit there is no signal blue wire for the amp .I'm pretty sure there's the spot you can pin in one
In the wiring harness they just didn't put it on are boats B2 is where you'll have to pin it. it's in between the black wire and the red wire coming out of the head unit you can figure all that out and your owner's manual to your stock head unit.

Description Value Downloads (in PDF format)
RMS Power @ 2 ohm Stereo 300 x 2 watts RMS @ < 1.0% THD
User Manual

I appreciate the input and do agree but after speaking with those who designed/sell this brand and they recommend this I feel confident that it will perform and even if it's not at their maximum potential it will be better than the crap we have now.

If for some reason it doesn't I have 60 days to return and replace with something bigger.

Van T

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I don't no how to make pics work I don't have Facebook

Blindduck

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Man Im interested in this post but no one is posting pictures of there upgrades. I plan on doing upgrades this winter on the audio.

Shelby Lowery

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Just finished yesterday. When I get back to my boat I'll take some pics and post them.

Shelby Lowery

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
And it sounds AWESOME:winkingthumbsup"