• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Spare Drain Plugs

Scoop

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
I am used to solid metal drain plugs but my 2018 Yamaha has a rubber/plastic drain plug. I assume the plugs are reliable and not easily cross threaded when inserted but I would like to pick up a spare. My Yamaha dealer was not much help - where/how can I order buy a spare plug?

Anyone have any issues lessons learned regarding the drain plugs? Thanks.

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
I believe the part number is F2J-U2280-00-00. You can find in on a parts sight like Babbits or just do a google search on the part number and you will find a ton of places to buy it.
On the newer boats I think all the bulk head drains are the same, so in a pinch you could grab the plug from the ski locker for instance and use that one. I did order the above part though to throw in the glove box for a spare. The part comes with both the plug and the female thread side, for the transom drain plug though you just throw the female thread side away.

Scoop

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
I forgot to mention the two lessons I learned with the drain plugs.
1. Make sure there isn't any grit, dirt or shavings of any kind in the threads/hole or the O-ring will leak.
2. I keep a tube of this in the clean out tray all the time and use it on the plug O-ring every time out. (I also use it on the clean out plugs) - maybe over kill but if those O-rings are dry they tend to stick and distort as you tighten them.