• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Spare parts

rayski

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
2014 195 HOI
This boat is new to me. I just removed the battery to take it into the house to keep on a trickle charger and found spare parts behind battery, A large ~7/8” nut (or metric equivalent) and washer. I presume these have been laying there for a while and may have even been left behind from new manufacture, and finally migrated to the stern of the boat.
does anyone recognize where these may have come from?

Attachments

Last edited:

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
Don't recognize them. Do they fit the battery terminal (the bigger one)? But yeah, 5 years later, 180+ hours and I'm still finding bolts, zip ties, nuts, screws making their way to the stern. lol

Stang7tl

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 Open ID
Boat Length
same here on finding lost bolts and etc. I guess when a tech drops the bolt or not they just grab another instead of trying to find it LOL must be nice

rayski

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Just found out (the hard way) where the washer and nut came from (see my post above from January)!

Yesterday, launched the boat and tied it up to the dock. Fortunately my wife was waiting with the boat, and watched one of the cleats pulled out of the hull! She was able to grab the boat and keep it from going sideways across the launch area, and the cleat remained attached on the dock line so we did not lose the cleat.

The washer and nut fit perfectly. Apparently from 7 years of Rotax vibration :cool:, the nuts worked loose and fell off. Now I need to check all the other cleats on the boat and try to find replacement nuts!

Word to the wise for other owners, you may want to check security of these before you lose a cleat. Seems like they should have been installed with Loctite.

Winerocks

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Thanks for updating. I’ll add the cleats to the “check at beginning of season” list along with all the gear clamps that tend to vibrate loose.

rayski

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I checked the rest of the cleats on my boat....
ALL we’re loose! I am really surprised that these were not installed using Loctite. The vibration from these motors will shake anything loose that is not properly secured.

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
I've seen reports of this here and there. So weird. I'm at 180h, all of them are super solid. Change of crew in the manufacturing who wasn't fully trained? lol

rpm242LS

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I've seen reports of this here and there. So weird. I'm at 180h, all of them are super solid. Change of crew in the manufacturing who wasn't fully trained? lol
Not fully trained is my take on it. for those who have towers check your main bolts, found one of mine that had the nut only hanging on by a few threads. 2 others (so 3 out of 4) were finger tight only. they also seem to not understand what backing plates are. why bother reinforcing the area with extra fiberglass that your going to bolt the tower onto but then only use a flimsy tiny washer as backing for the lock washer to tighten to? And on top of that miss about 95% of the fiberglass reinforcement. Its almost like they grabbed an IT guy from the back office, shoved a wrench in his hand and told him to go put the boat together.