• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Spare Tire Mount

gpp7824

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Never seen that before! I have the basket on this trailer but I prefer the angled mount from my last trailer. Basket is hidden away better but a bear to use, plus the tire gets submerged every trip to the ramp.

Dieselmore

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
First I saw of it... Very curious as well. Would be nice to have a spare for piece of mind, especially since we only have a single axle.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We bought a spare tire carrier here locally and modified it to make it work with our FSH trailer. It hugs the hull tight and does not come into contact with the boat when trailer loading. I'll have to look into getting the part added to the store. At the moment we have not tested the Yamaha version. I could also order one of those and try it. If so that would be even easier than trying to reinvent the wheel.

thepiratemorgan

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
We bought a spare tire carrier here locally and modified it to make it work with our FSH trailer. It hugs the hull tight and does not come into contact with the boat when trailer loading. I'll have to look into getting the part added to the store. At the moment we have not tested the Yamaha version. I could also order one of those and try it. If so that would be even easier than trying to reinvent the wheel.
Hate to bring back an over two year old thread, but I am currently looking at my options for a spare and was wondering whatever became of this. I have searched and searched "YAMAHA SPARE TIRE CARRIER SBT-SPARE-TC-08" (which brought me here) to see if there was a manual or a pic of it installed, etc. I cannot find anything that shows how this works. The other option that works is Shoreland'r Boat Spare Tire Bracket TA0028-03, but it's twice the cost and looks to stick out a ways from the trailer. Thanks for any and all thoughts!!

thepiratemorgan

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
I bought this spare tire mount back in August. Works like a champ, but is close to the hull on my AR190.

View attachment 84441 View attachment 84442
Wow, that's cheap...and close! Too bad it wasn't angled about 15 degrees. I'm gonna keep this on my list of options, just afraid that it's a little close for comfort and leaves little room for any error. Would really love to know how the above referenced Yamaha part works... @JetBoatPilot

https://jetboatpilot.com/products/yamaha-spare-tire-carrier

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wow, that's cheap...and close! Too bad it wasn't angled about 15 degrees. I'm gonna keep this on my list of options, just afraid that it's a little close for comfort and leaves little room for any error. Would really love to know how the above referenced Yamaha part works... @JetBoatPilot

https://jetboatpilot.com/products/yamaha-spare-tire-carrier
It is pretty close. Even with a few "wild" retrievals this summer we never had the boat touch the spare. It is pretty close though.

thepiratemorgan

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length

thepiratemorgan

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
So I've looked over this mount with a microscopic eye https://jetboatpilot.com/products/yamaha-spare-tire-carrier
and from what I can tell, it looks like the faceplate closest to the eyes is angled ever so slightly and has a "bolt pattern" that is consistent with 4 and 5 lug patterns. Which by default, makes the plate furthest from the eyes the one attached to the trailer using provided u-bolt, but here is my last issue that I would like to alleviate before buying...the picture only shows one u-bolt and I would hope that 2 would be provided as I don't see any other carrier that uses only one u-bolt to attach to trailer. There are 2 holes provided on the trailer plate for a second u-bolt so I guess if the second isn't provided I could just purchase one.

thepiratemorgan

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That is a much better setup than the one I have. I can't get behind mine for wipe down without some significant contortionist movements.

@Sublime195 does your tire go in the water during launch? Mines about 1/2 way in the water every time. Not a big fan of that either.

Sublime195

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yep. About up to the rim on the spare. Might be able to move it forward a little but not sure it would help that much.

Dave

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yep. About up to the rim on the spare. Might be able to move it forward a little but not sure it would help that much.

Dave
Thanks!

Mine dunks to about the hub of the spare tire. Always makes me nervous the cover is going to get smelly/stained/etc. I'm sure the tire/rim don't care at all.