• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Spare tire trailer mount question?

tweeter1148

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
the directions didn’t say but this tire seems close to the boat. Do u think the nut and washer was supposed to go on the backside and then I have to get two of my own lug nuts? That way it would space it away from the boat some? Here are some photos let me know what u think.

Thanks,
Brandon

Attachments

FLBulldogger

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
It appears you are going to be okay, but if you are worried you can adjust the nuts and bolts to allow a bit of a lean out, just loosen the top bolts and tighten up the bottom bolts and it will allow a lean away from the bolt, it will hold regardless, you may want to look at a bolt lock if you haven't already. Here's a pic of my spare and the clearance, we have never even gotten close.

Attachments

Last edited:

tweeter1148

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yeah I think I would like a little more room...I don’t want to load the boat and it slam into it.

FLBulldogger

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I don't think you have to worry about hitting the tire, as long as you put the trailer in at a depth so the boat rides along the bunks first, by the time you get up that far you should be okay! If you aren't sure you can always not power load the boat the first couple of times and use the trailer winch and get a better idea where she is going to come up the bunks. Here is a pic of our spare and the clearance, we have never gotten close to hitting it.

Attachments

Last edited:

tweeter1148

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ok thanks for the input.Thats a good idea I will just winch load and see how it goes. Thanks again!

FLBulldogger

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I'd still look at readjusting the bolts it looks like you have the same mount that I do.

Shannon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
It looks close to me but I am sure it will be fineIMG_3387.JPG . I went out and measured mine in the garage. I went from top edge of tire to the crease and it was a little over 7 inch gap of clearance.. If you look at your second pic on your 1st thread above. Mine sets at same height as yours but is a lot further away from the crease of the boat. I have this one on my AR192 trailer. Hope this helps.. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001AXKOCA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

4wheeldeal

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I'm going to get one this year but wondering can the tire not sit flat in front of the bow?

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'm going to get one this year but wondering can the tire not sit flat in front of the bow?
There isn't enough room unless you had a tire carriage that sat below the trailer frame. I thought about getting a tire carrier and then I remember I have a truck with a bed for a purpose hehe. My tonneau cover keeps my spare out of sight too.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

4wheeldeal

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
P
There isn't enough room unless you had a tire carriage that sat below the trailer frame. I thought about getting a tire carrier and then I remember I have a truck with a bed for a purpose hehe. My tonneau cover keeps my spare out of sight too.
Gotcha yeah just got my boat yesterday and noticed it's got no room. I've got a jeep so if I can put it in the trailer or in the boat I do. A truck is planned for next year.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length