• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Speaker pop

Jay Petzold

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So I installed 4 wet sounds xs 650 speakers and htx 4 amp in my 2016 ar 240, sounds awesome, but when I turn off my batteries my left rear speaker makes a pop noise. Im not a stereo expert but everything I've researched tells me it a wiring issue, my power and ground run from the battery through the engine compartment and up the starboard side. I ran all new speaker wire that same route from the rear speakers, any thoughts?

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sounds like you need to add a relay to your system. The amps are turning off before your head unit does. Relay makes it HU comes off than everything else follows. That should fix you up.

Jay Petzold

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So did some research guessing something like the attached image? I also need to see if it does it when I turn the ignition off only, I haven't been in the water yet so I haven't just turned the key off, only turned the house battery off with the connect on

Attachments

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yup. That's the relay. I got mine of Amazon for like $7 or so at the time. Most likely it well as your amp and stereo are connected to the same power source. They both try to turn on and off at the same time is some of the reason for the feedback. The relay would allow head unit to turn in than that will trigger your amps to turn on and vice versa to turn off. HU off than amps go off.

Jay Petzold

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That's seems easier and cleaner to install than a relay meant for automotive purposes, would the power and ground wires just go to the power and ground on the amp? And also I'm guessing that even though it says "turn on" switch it would basically do the same thing as a relay and delay the turn off too?

ripler

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
That's seems easier and cleaner to install than a relay meant for automotive purposes, would the power and ground wires just go to the power and ground on the amp? And also I'm guessing that even though it says "turn on" switch it would basically do the same thing as a relay and delay the turn off too?
The radio sends a signal to the amp to turn on, that signal would now go to this relay first and then to the amp turn on. You basically want the amp turn on to be delayed.

Jay Petzold

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I understand that, my issue is turn off, will this switch turn off the amp before the head unit?

David Analog

Jetboaters Commander
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
NA
So I installed 4 wet sounds xs 650 speakers and htx 4 amp in my 2016 ar 240, sounds awesome, but when I turn off my batteries my left rear speaker makes a pop noise. Im not a stereo expert but everything I've researched tells me it a wiring issue, my power and ground run from the battery through the engine compartment and up the starboard side. I ran all new speaker wire that same route from the rear speakers, any thoughts?
Normally I would say this is a simple easy-to-remedy wiring issue. Nothing should 'Pop' if the stereo source is turned off prior (by several seconds) to the battery switch being turned off. What gives me pause is that the 'Pop' is on one of four channels only. I would switch speaker wires at the amplifier to see if the 'Pop' moves to another speaker. Because it does this in one of four channels only, it raises a question about the amplifier.

Jay Petzold

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So the problem was the head unit and amp turning off at the same Time, my amp power wire runs into the house battery switch, when I installed I was on land so I wasn't using the key and just turning the house battery on and off, put the boat in its wet slip this weekend problem solved, order of operations, turn key off connext turns off, shut house battery off, amp goes off, problem solved thanks for all the advice