• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Speaker upgrade

James R Whitten

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Just replaced my 8 inch sub with a 10 and added the kicker 8 inch tower speakers. Also replaced the sub amp with a 500.1 and replaced the tower and transom speaker amp with a 300.4. Sounds a ot better now.

Attachments

Faith Johnson

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
How hard was the install? I'm getting no power to my system and I'm thinking it's a fuse. How do I change it? I know it's on the battery panel but how to I fix it? Also do those new speakers have the LED lights in the like the stocks?

Faith Johnson

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
And can you provide a link to what you bought to replace it? I don't want to get the wrong thing.

James R Whitten

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Got my speakers off amazon. Yes they're led speakers. As far as the fuse, look inside the helm console is where my fuse panel is. But im not sure if the amp fuses are in there. Install was easy. My boat the tower was prewired just had to connect a plug. The plug from the amp was under the left side seat and had to remove the cushion on the the left gunnel to get to the tower plug.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01BLVEU8O/ref=mp_s_a_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1520271039&sr=8-13&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=kicker+8+inch+marine+speakers

James R Whitten

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
No problem. It took me all day to find the plug. Lol