• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Speakers...

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Looking through the threads I have not seen any input in regard to the 21' boats. Do they need another set of cockpit speakers? I am asking because on the new 2015 212X they come with 6 speakers, 2 bow, 2 cockpit and 2 rear deck. I like the clarion marine 200w amp and am going to buy 2 for now to power up the existing speakers then their new sub amp when it comes out to add a sub. I will have a spare channel that I could add another set of speakers right behind the driver seat and straight across on the pass side. Would this be beneficial for that boat? I dont have any plans for tower speaker since there are 2 on the back deck now...

Last edited:

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
It will be more contingent on if there is depth and room for a mid cockpit speaker. Even in a 240, a workable location is hard. Best advice is to listen to the music at rest, at cruise, and at WOT. Then decide what you need to make it what you want. It is more about power behind them than about speakers, but in the 240, with the speakers now all the way back in the corners, the sound was lost. But with power only it would have been much better. The issue I wanted to avoid, was that if you had guests in the boat, sitting in the rear cockpit, that when at cruise or higher rpm, the noise to overcome and get tunes to the helm was too loud for them. So the mid cockpit speakers fill the cockpit more uniformly and allow for a lesser volume to give everyone a reasonable level of music.

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@octavio3311 In your second pic is where I was thinking of installing them on both sides. Is there any reason why you couldn't put the driver side in the same location?

@txav8r On the 2015 the speakers are in the same location as on the 240's, and with you I worry about the 2 in the back corners getting covered with bodies.

Last edited:

RightStuff

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
That location on the driver's side is not as deep so you might need a ring spacer between the back of the speaker and the "face" of the fiberglass. Of course, that all might depend on the speakers you choose and their mounting depth. I put mine low and in front of the throttles (check my history for pics), seem to work well there for me.

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@octavio3311 In your second pic is where I was thinking of installing them on both sides. Is there any reason why you couldn't put the driver side in the same location?.
I wanted them directly across from each other - and those locations worked well.
All 6 in boats are powered by a WS HT6 - the addition of the mid cabins was by far an excellent choice - it fills the cabin with quality sound. To be honest - I feel that they should come stock that way. The stock configuration, The back speakers are usually blaring into whoevers back is sitting in front of them - the bow speakers are up front, leaving a void in the middle.
Do it - you'll love it.

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Well I will be pulling the trigger with Amazon getting 2 amps, another set of DB651'a, a new set of BoatBuckles, Stoltz ULT4 Bow Stop and misc. items to install the speakers etc. Damn this hobbies is expensive and it makes for 2 expensive hobbies I have now... At least my Bronco will be wrapping up early next year (so I keep telling myself)

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I will be preparing for it but cant ad it till the amp I want is released for sale which should happen very soon. I will be going with a Polk 10" and building an enclosure for it. It will be placed in the void section on the pass side behind the battery. I will probably relocate the battery some as well and add a second over the winter along with Perfect Pass, wake wedge and some modified ballast. For nnow I jusyt want to get on the water! Tomorrow is my last voyage in my 192... Im excited!

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I have just 4 polk mm651um speakers in my 210, being powered by a class d Rockford fosgate amp. The amp is running high pass with the knob set to 55hz iirc. The sound level and quality is really quite phenomenal for such a basic setup. Easily audible running at wot and a surprising amount of midbass punch. Another pair mid cabin would be amazing but I don't see it as necessary.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Anyone have pics/ideas for mid cabin mounting in 14' AR240 [or the like].