• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Speed Control SteadyPass

parkerdowney

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Hello.

I have a 2009 Yamaha 212x which I am looking for a speed control solution for. Perfect pass has discontinued the older servo actuated systems for the Yamaha boats, and their newer systems along with Hydrophase RideSteady only support newer models with the APS sensors.

I have found this SteadyPass solution and am wondering if anybody has utilized this system on their boats? It looks like a promising servo controlled speed control system for all of the older yamaha boats, but I haven't seen any discussions on the forums about it.

Here is a link to their website and products:

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not to be a debbie downer here.......but that kit looks like crap. There are 3D printed parts that have clearly come from a hobbyist machine. The connections look to have little to no waterproofing, or even decently crimped connectors on the wires. Best I can tell the servo system is inside a PVC pipe setup from Home Depot. It seriously looks like someone is building that in their basement and using the "catchphrases" from both RideSteady and Perfect Pass together to market this product.

There's a reason that RideSteady is $1k.......Because it's worth it. The quality with RideSteady is an order of magnitude better than what I see pictured there. @Ridesteady is also a frequent contributor on this forum with exceptional customer service proven through multiple interactions with different members here. Spend the extra cash on Ridesteady. It's worth it.

With that said......if you need the servo based system, I'm not sure RideSteady offers that solution. You might be stuck with Perfect Pass, or this "steady Pass" system you've found.

Ridesteady

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hello.

I have a 2009 Yamaha 212x which I am looking for a speed control solution for. Perfect pass has discontinued the older servo actuated systems for the Yamaha boats, and their newer systems along with Hydrophase RideSteady only support newer models with the APS sensors.

I have found this SteadyPass solution and am wondering if anybody has utilized this system on their boats? It looks like a promising servo controlled speed control system for all of the older yamaha boats, but I haven't seen any discussions on the forums about it.

Here is a link to their website and products:
Unfortunately, you're stuck with the same problem: no mechanical interface to the engines. That's the missing link that older Yamahas without APS sensors need. PP used to offer that but no longer does, apparently.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
at least they didn't use the ridesteady equipment in their promotional video and try to call it their own,

this is the first time I've heard of it, I wouldn't want to be the Guinee pig at $500., I wonder if dual engines cause them any issues ?

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Not to be a debbie downer here.......but that kit looks like crap... It seriously looks like someone is building that in their basement and using the "catchphrases" from both RideSteady and Perfect Pass together to market this product.
Yes they did! Even got the "marriage saver" claim printed on it. I wonder where they gleaned that from?

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I did not see a twin engine version offered. You would need a twin engine version.

I think it could be built for a lot less than $500 but I do not have time to build a DIY kit.

With Perfect Pass no longer producing and rarely available used this may be a reasonable option.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
In case it's relevant, my work PC blocked the link because its suspicious. Looked at the site on my personal computer, and wouldn't send them a dollar.

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
From PlanetNautique forum