• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Speed Controlled Volume

revan415

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I have a Chaparral vrx 243 and I love it. The only thing I really* wish I had was speed controlled volume. We blast the music when surfing, then someone falls and we drop to idle and I (driving) reach for my phone, toggle down the volume. Then we pick up and I go at it again. I am a programmer and we have an electrician in the family. I thought perhaps there was a way to insert something between the stereo and the medallion, and implement a feature to handle this.

Anyone else dealt with this issue and find any kind of solution?

revan415

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
OK, so I did find a $3.00 app that will adjust based on speed of my phone, and I will give that a try since I normally use my phone for music. Cheaper and easier than making boat mods.

I also found this, which might be better, except that once you get on plane, wouldn't it stop functioning properly? http://www.wakeblaster.com/

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
OK, so I did find a $3.00 app that will adjust based on speed of my phone, and I will give that a try since I normally use my phone for music. Cheaper and easier than making boat mods.
What's that app name? Thanks! And, let us know how it works. :)

revan415

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
VeloCity. You can set a min speed, max speed, then the min volume and max volume. Basically, over what speed, adjust to what volume levels. It works really well. I used it in my car, haven't had the chance to use it on the boat, but I can tell you I am very excited. Probably going to set to 5mph 30% volume on my phone, then 10 mph, 90% and then set a pretty high volume on the boat speaker and just leave it alone. The app was $3, but I am a programmer, and it would take me at least a weekend of work to put an app of similar quality on my phone. Well worth it.

revan415

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
So, as an update, this worked very well. I set it to 30% volume at 2mph, and 85% volume at 15 mph, and then set the boat volume up to almost max.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've had speed controlled volume in my cars for years. Love it. I'm headed to look for the app now for use on the boat. Thanks for posting!

James Bertschi

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
I have the polk audio radio, with the main radio controller in the head area. I have tried 3-4 times to link/sync up the bluetooth, to no success.

id like to get a remote control for the radio.. for the very reason you posted about.. maybe ill try the app on my iphone... after I figure out the blue tooth sync..

any suggestions?

malibu Dan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Just an FYI Vomume by Velocity (the name of the app) is about 10 bucks...

revan415

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
The price must have recently changed! I only paid $3 on apple app store.

I would suggest using the app. Cheaper and easier than any hardware solution.