• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Speed Sensor Wheel destroyed

Port0222

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hello all --

When I was getting my boat serviced, they power washed the back of my boat and ripped all of the tines off the paddle wheel of the speed sensor. My question -- Is this a serviceable part (Can they just replace the wheel?) or would the entire housing / housing and cable need to be replaced? Would a new cable need to be run, or can you attach the new housing to an existing cable?

I mainly ask because the marina may just give me $ for the part, and need to know if I should ask for labor / Install compensation too.

thinking I will likely replace it with PP or similar -- better investment than the $250 for a new paddlewheel.

Sensor Speed
F1C-U8K31-00-00

speedo wheel_2.JPG
speedo wheel.JPG

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would take the $$ and get a gps speedo.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Port0222 I agree with @Wayloncle about replacing with GPS. My paddlewheel was non functional when we bought our AR230 last year. The replacement I ordered was also no good. They are not that accurate anyway. If you search online, you can find replacement paddlewheels for that unit. However I replaced the speedometer with a Perfectpass Precisionstar GPS speedo that fit nicely. It has worked very well and I took the paddlewheel off the transom. Replacing the complete unit with another stock one and running the new wire will be more work. Top speed so far 48.8mph. This unit also has other functions.