• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Spicy garlic edamame

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I love me some edamame but always had traditional lightly salted in the Japanese restaurants. So tonight I wanted to try making some spicy garlic edamame and I'm here to tell you it's soooooo good and tasty and not just because I cooked it lol! Has just a slight hint of heat and honestly could have made it much hotter but didn't because I wanted my wife and daughter to try it. Next time I will be kicking it up a few notches on the heat scale for sure.

I combined two different recipes I saw into one to make my own but feel free to experiment to your liking.

To cook edamame:
Bring water to a boil.
Add 14 oz edamame
Once it begins to boil again remove and drain water.

To season use a deep skillet or wok on medium/high heat to stir fry:
Add 1 tablespoon of light olive oil
Add cooked edamame; stir
Add 3-4 tablespoons of butter; stir
Add 4-6 finely chopped garlic cloves or 3 teaspoons of minced garlic; stir
Add shichimi togarashi seasoning (also called Japanese Seven Spice) it's like a chili pepper seasoning. I used to my liking but my guess was around 5-6 generous pinches.
Stir and allow to simmer a little
Add 1 1/2 tablespoons of pure sesame oil
Add 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
Add Mediterranean Salt or Pink Himalaya Salt to liking and stir

Total cook time approximately 8-10 minutes. I hope you enjoy them as much as I did!

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Tastes even better than it looks!