• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Sport T Top questions

Dustin Williams

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
hello everyone,
the new guy here with questions. I picked up a new 2016 190 base yesterday. There weren't any sports available till April next year. Living in the UAE and being able to fish year round (yes summer temps at 110+ are miserable) a canopy is a must. Looked at buying a stock or aftermarket one and having it shipped but after looking at shipping prices going another route. I found a local boat manufacturer that will make me a custom T Top. Now the questions
1. What is the OEM hieght and canopy size?
2. If you could change anything about the factory one what would it be?

I've looked at some of the aftermarket ones and will incorporate a few ideas. Like lights, rod holders, moving the nav light, and speaker mounts. I'm wondering about too big and it gets in the way of casting. All my fishing now is salt water so no persision casting. The factory one doesn't appear to provide the front seater with shade. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Dusty

Earfixr

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Looking back a custom t-top is what i should have done. There are a lot of variables in the answer to your question. The stock height of the factory top is too short for me. Stepping down from the aft deck i need to constantly watch that i don't knock myself out hitting my head on the rear bar. If it were 6"-1' higher i could also fit my 7' rods under it easily. The factory top is a pain to wire due to the hinge feature for the garage guys. If you dont need a folding top then do NOT get the factory top. Going custom you can add kinds of cool options like led light bars, an anchor light, rod holders, speakers, misters for the heat, a radio box, etc. You can also add a crows nest for sight fishing up top. The factory top material is junk, mine already ripped up the middle. In my avatar you can see it starting. Going custom you can make it out of any material you want. I'd make a custom top 7' high, as wide as the boat and make it longer to cover the front seats and helm seat for noon sun shade. But that's just me. Good luck and post pictures of how it turns out.

Dustin Williams

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
Was thinking about normal size with fold out "batwings" on either side and one forward. That way they aren't in the way until you need them.

Thompsbren

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Dustin. Here's a diagram of the OEM top. I don't have the boat with me but can get you measurements in a week if you'd like.

Attachments