• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Spot light for Scarab socket mount

ApelilaRains

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length

Attachments

James R Whitten

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
That's pretty cool. I'm interested in that as well.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Alright Scarab owners, prepping for our summer outings on the lake and determined we are needing some form of spot light without all the additional wiring. I found the GOLIGHT GoBee® Remote Controlled Bow-Mount Search/Navigation Light. Does anyone on here ever used one? Is it worth is for $190.00?

https://www.westmarine.com/buy/golight--gobee-remote-controlled-bow-mount-search-navigation-light--14157804?recordNum=6
It looks cool and seems like a good idea.
But I don't think so, not with a 55W bulb.
I'm guessing maybe 800 lumens? You would want 10 times that for a spot light to be really helpful, I think.

--

James R Whitten

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I have a light bar I'm wanting to mount to the ski tower. But wanna be able to remove it when not in use. That should put out plenty of light.

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
I wish there were more light output so you can shine a shoreline or something of the sort, but I'm pretty sure there are plenty of spot lights of this wattage that work very well to spot reflectors off markers and such. That would be my main purpose for getting one.

Thanks for posting it... I'm intrigued...

ApelilaRains

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
I have a light bar I'm wanting to mount to the ski tower. But wanna be able to remove it when not in use. That should put out plenty of light.
I originally wanted to install the light bar, but the bimini top would need to be closed completely for it to be effective and not pointing down toward the bow. I'm really not wanting to drill too many holes right now. Maybe I'll buy and and try it for a few nights, at least something temporary? I don't know.......blah!

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
Well, if someone buys this thing, I'd love to get your feedback on it. :)

ApelilaRains

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Well, if someone buys this thing, I'd love to get your feedback on it. :)
i'm going to get it for hubby valentines day gift and let him test it out. i'll provide feedback to the group.

James R Whitten

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length

ApelilaRains

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
It's saying to be 1000 lumens.

But I found this one that's 65 watts with 1300 lumens. Claims 700ft of lumination. It's twice the price also.

http://www.larsonelectronics.com/p-47090-.aspx?keyword=&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI74vZp7j42AIVhWp-Ch0RgwyGEAQYBiABEgIATPD_BwE
Planning on the original one first, then testing the 1300 lumens and see which ever one works better; however, the Larson one seems to be ideal, not necessarily the price, but overall convenience without extra wirings.

We'll see.

ApelilaRains

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Hi everyone, we've installed the LED Golight Stryker Wireless Spotlight!! I added the photos on a new thread here. I however, chose the more expensive one as it worked better as an LED for the Scarab without changing anything else but the stachion mount port.

Last edited:

Mike Cardillo

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Nice. great idea.