• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Spring Cleaning

Brad_Ct

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It finally has gotten into the 70's here for the past few days so I pulled the boat out of hibernation and cleaned it up. Got a lot done, replaces the wheel bearings and tires on the trailer, fired up both engines on the hose for the first time since replacing a engine and rebuilding the carbs. and fuel pumps. Interesting thing happened though, I replaced the fuel filters and after doing so the air/fuel separator kept sucking air, it turned out one of the filters is leaking were the two halves are put together.

Attachments

• boat.JPG
    boat.JPG
    357.7 KB · Views: 47
Nice looking boat!

How hard was it to replace the engine?

That's great. Bummer about the fuel filter though. Better to find it now rather than in the middle of the lake come summer time.

Replacing the engine was not to bad, the original owner had the engines out previously to install variable oil pumps and other mods. he installed plug connectors on all the engine wiring so I just had to unplug them saving a lot of time. Other than that disconnect the hoses, cables, mounting bolts and lifted it out with a engine hoist. I had to swap the oil pump, carbs., RIVA head, and CDI from the old engine to the new one and put it in. All in all it took the better part of a weekend.

I bought the filter off eBay and am waiting to see if they will send me another one, something said for buying locally. In the mean time I have decided to pull them out anyway and install a filter/water separator assembly.

Got her out and cleaned up too. Replaced all the rusted bunk board lag screws. Added some logo bling too...

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Funny.. I added Logo stickers to my trailer also.. I placed mine in between the tires on the fenders.

Back