• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Spy Thread. . . . Post up Pics of other jet boats you see.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thought I would start a thread to place the pictures of all the other Jets we see out there that we didn't get a chance to connect with. I've seen a bunch of individual posts on the subject, but figured a thread to keep em all in one place would be a good way to promote meeting one another.

So, as the title says. . . . if you spy another jet on or off the water post it up here and lets find the owner.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I didn't get to take pics but saw 2 (two) different 240/242s last Sunday on Kaskaskia River, New Athens, IL.
Next time I'll take pics.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@sysinu - Here's your thread. . . . = )

WildBillF1

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
On Saturday I was boating on the Colorado River and a 2015 AR190 pulled up and beached about 150 yards from where I had beached. I went over and introduced myself and checked out his boat. Turns out we both have primary residences and vacation homes in the same cities, so I'll probably bump into him again sometime. He said that he wasn't a member on this website, so I encouraged him to join. I didn't take any pictures of his boat.

WildBillF1

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
On Sunday we went boating on Lake Mohave. As we were waiting in line at the launch ramp, multiple law enforcement rolled up and closed the ramp. Minutes later two life flight helicopters landed and carried away a man and woman that were injured in a tubing accident. It appeared that the boat involved was a black/white AR190. I hope that both of the injured are recovering well.
http://www.ktnv.com/news/2-hurt-in-crash-on-lake-mohave-near-katherine-landing

IMG-20160828-00015.jpg

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I saw this at River's End Marina in Tracy, CA last weekend. Pretty sure it is a 2012+ 242LS.

G0057857.JPG G0077863.JPG

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I saw this on highway 5 headed south outside of Elk Grove near Sacramento CA the weekend of August 12th. 232 limited.

image.jpg

Last edited:

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I take pics all the time of other jet boats. :)

All these were taken at Crab Island in Destin the same day, with the exception of the last one.

20160611_142130.jpg 20160611_142125.jpg 20160611_141814.jpg 20160527_103933.jpg

Last edited:

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Oh, and saw this at the boat launch recently. First time setting my eyes on this type Scarab.

20160820_095729.jpg 20160820_100016.jpg

H2OBoy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Saw this a few weeks ago on Lake Oconee. Thought it may have been Mikey's family on the boat, younger crowd. It did not have any registration numbers yet so may have just been a new boat.

Scott E

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Didn't get any pics but last weekend on Canandaigua Lake (NY) there was a sx230 near where we were hanging, and saw a ls2000, xr1800, a sea do 15' and I think a sea raider jet at the north end.

Should have had my phone when a sea plane took off and did a couple circles showing off.... Was pretty cool.

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I saw a couple when we were up at Lake Powell, did not think to take a picture. One evening after we got off the lake we disconnected the boat and headed out for dinner, when we got back to the hotel a guy parked his truck in front of our boat as they were loading things out of the truck into their friends boat, I pulled up and he said "Is this your boat?" Said Yep and he moved his truck. The couple that had the Bayliner was asking about our Yamaha as he was looking into them, so we uncovered the boat and showed them all the cool things about it, his Wife said we definitely are going to look at them when they get off their houseboat trip this week. I told them about this forum and the next morning we crossed paths down at breakfast and he said it's Jetboaters.net correct? Yep, so we should have a new member here soon.

Last edited:

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I have seen more Yamaha jet boats than i thought i would on the parts of Lake Champlain that we have traveled. (approx. 160mi this summer on gps speedo). We see them along the lake shore at residences and and on trailers around the Mallets Bay and Burlington area. There is a dealer in So. Burlington, my marina neighbor got his boat there this spring. We do also see a lot of Canadian Yamahas and SeaDoos on this part of the lake just 30min. from U.S/Canada border0916161621.jpg

Last edited:

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
This is the "Rocket Boat" I rode on in SF Bay yesterday. It is 70' long, has jet pumps and jet engines that produce over 1,200 hp as I recall. For $27 per person (it holds 100 passengers) it takes you out on a 30 minute boat ride with, "... plenty of speed, twists and turns along with loud and fast paced music." I was glad to have tried it but overall I'd say the experience was alright, nothing we couldn't do faster/better in our jet boats, just not in the choppy yet more scenic waters of SF Bay. I felt a lot of turbo/jet lag On this boat. The sound of the engines is amazing though. I couldn't get a good pic of the reverse buckets but they look like those on the old Seadoo boats (I.e., 1/4 of a circle, mounted horizontally so that thrust is diverted out the sides instead of under the pump like on Yamaha jet boats).

image.jpg image.jpg

Last edited:

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX