• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Standup ski on the swim step?

Jgorm

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My rough measurements seem like it's not too difficult. It's about the length of the beam and 26" wide. I think it might need a rail on the lower step of my ar230 to balance it out my head anybody done this? It would be super awesome to have a ski that i could fit on the boat and trailer 2 miles to the ramp. It would be difficult to get in the boat, but extra ballast.Screenshot_20180410-210548_Chrome.jpg

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
You could add some removable dinghy davits to the swim platform or a hyd. lift like the bigger yachts.;) Sounds like a cool idea.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I would not be surprised if there is a company that offers a mount that would fit the super jet similar to those used on yachts to hold big 3 seat pwcs. That is, two molded plastic stands covered in rubber or plastic that are flat on the bottom and contoured on the top to hold a specific pwc.

I have not seen anyone put a pwc mount on the swim deck of their Yamaha jet boat yet but if you just want to get it to the water with your boat and don’t want to put it in the bed of your truck/tow vehicle you can add a hitch/receiver to the back or your boat trailer or alternatively carry the ski on mount located at the tongue of the trailer but you may need to extend the tongue. A member here or on YJB has done the former and I saw the latter on the road. I prefer the former because I think mounting a ski on or near the tongue of a boat trailer will exceed the recommended tongue weight.

Jgorm

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My buddy has a standup and boat. It's always a pain to launch both. We've thought about welding a mount along the bow where the trailer V's in. The key would be to be able to back up and launch both instead of one then the other. I need to start keeping my eye out for a super jet! Problem is i just saw another fx140 for 2800. Hmm, 4 mr1s to work on.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I have seen a pic where either an Ar230 or an AR240 was hauling a super jet with a device that just went over the transom walk thru area.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
300 lbs is light for even a standup. It should work imo