• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Starboard Rear Cushion Not Secure

Mark Magyar

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just traded in a 2015 AR on the 2019 SX195. I love the interior layout for my family. Yesterday was the maiden voyage. The starboard rear cushion is not hinged and it just sits over the storage area. There is zero tension to hold the cushion. Needless to say about a half hour into the drive the wind nearly blew it out of the boat. I noticed a cheap inflatable fly out the back of the boat first and was able to stop. Thankfully the cushion stayed in the boat but it caused me to have to put it in the vehicle and store the stuff from that area into another area. Is this normal or is this cushion supposed to be hinged/have snaps as well. Any suggestions on how to travel with this cushion in position other than always having the cover on? Hopefully someone here knows what I’m talking about and can help.

mwalker4

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I've seen a few posts with lost cushions. We've taken the snap and strap approach. I haven't been over 55 mph with it yet so not sure how it works.

Bdog

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I used heavy duty Velcro to get mine to stay.

Mac’nCheese

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Haha, yeah it’s completely ridiculous. Lost mine 6 weeks ago and it’s still on backorder. Had a couple heavy duty 3m strips on the bottom, and a small cooler with 6 bottles of water on top of it and it still blew away.

Mac’nCheese

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’m going to hinge the new one (when it finally comes in). I’ve also started doing the strap and snap method as well.

Started with the port rear seat as that keeps flopping open while trailering. Already lost a towel and pair of my kids swim shorts due to that.

Attachments

icemanj16

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Simple solution.... tow with a cover on! :D

mwalker4

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Simple solution.... tow with a cover on! :D
Now that's a PITA. Boat goes home and gets tucked away in the garage after use. A couple of snaps does the job. On long vacation trips the cover is the answer.

Mark Magyar

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Did you buy or make the snap and strap?

mwalker4

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Wife made it since we already had a snap tool from other projects. Bought some thin web strap material.

Mac’nCheese

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yup, I made mine as well. Just bought some marine grade snaps and 1 inch nylon webbing on amazon. It was fairly easy to do.

Tayhadasuperjet

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I still am waiting for my replacement from Yamaha. It has been on order for two months....

dshscarab

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I put snap Velcro on mine after reading your thread. Thank God, I haven't lost anything yet but I do agree, it is completely unacceptable that Yamaha still doesn't have parts available since the boat has been out almost a year. Not being able to order a pump housing or bucket is a scary thought as things do happen.