• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Starved Rock to Peoria Run...Sunday, Oct. 9, 2016

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Everyone-

Every year, in October, we have a run on the Illinois river from Starved Rock Park in Peru, IL to Peoria IL. This is a 78 mile trip. It usually takes us 2 or so hours to cruise down. Since Joe's Crab Shack is permanently closed we have moved to New Amsterdam Bar & Grill. We will enjoy a wonderful lunch there and head back up. It is usually a nice relaxing pace. Last year we had 12 boats and lots of fun people!

This year the trip will be scheduled for Sunday October 9, 2016. We will plan to leave Starved Rock at 9:00 am. Everyone should plan on getting there between 8:15 am - 8:30 am, so that we can launch and be ready to go by 9 am. We always encourage boaters to dress in layers. We usually always start off in sweats and end up in t-shirts by afternoon. Last year the weather was perfect!

Confirmed Attendees:

@OperationROL
@JCampbell
@shane hric
@buckbuck
@Speedling
@RiverRat
@Just1more
@Kumpy
@R00st
@RxH2O
@Brian eilrich
@yam230
@luckie_529

Expected but not yet confirmed:

Last edited:

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm just 6 lucky numbers away from spending an entire year travelling the country to all of these group rides. It would be great to do the Chicago loop, Bimini, Shelbyville, this trip, the Southern meet up, Cumberland meet up, Yamapalooza and anything else I might have missed, all in one year.

Have a great trip. I looked at this on the map and it looks really cool. Are there any dams along the route?

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm just 6 lucky numbers away from spending an entire year travelling the country to all of these group rides. It would be great to do the Chicago loop, Bimini, Shelbyville, this trip, the Southern meet up, Cumberland meet up, Yamapalooza and anything else I might have missed, all in one year.

Have a great trip. I looked at this on the map and it looks really cool. Are there any dams along the route?
Ha! I was thinking the same thing. . . . Hit the lotto and RV Around the country to all the events.

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

No locks. We picked the starting point because of that. We start south of a lock but don't have to go through it.

Last edited:

luckie_529

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Joe's crab shack closed for good. The Blue duck is a good smokehouse in the same area. There are a couple more places that maybe open in Oct. for lunch. I will joining the group if I am off of work that day.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Joe's crab shack closed for good. The Blue duck is a good smokehouse in the same area. There are a couple more places that maybe open in Oct. for lunch. I will joining the group if I am off of work that day.
Well, i did get sick at Joe's the last two years. Anywhere is fine. I am cool with grillin and chillin!

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks, @luckie_529 . @OperationROL's Wife and I will look into the ones you listed and a few more. I will add you to the tentative list.

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The Blue Duck looks good and it is really close to Joe's so we can still dock at the same place.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Seating capacity is 90. Not that we have that many yet but it may seem like it to them when we show up!
I assume kids are allowed there?

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@OperationROL are you going to call them and let them know we are coming?

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yes, we will.

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Ha...somehow I suspect this will be on the wifes to do list.

Just1more

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Looks like that place is closed on Sunday's. Unless it's just for the holiday weekend.

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Looks like that place is closed on Sunday's. Unless it's just for the holiday weekend.
From the google search it appears you are correct. However, I wouldn't know for sure, since they haven't called me back yet. :mad:. If there restaurant is anything close to their follow up, it would be grossly disapponting. Therefore, I booked http://newamsterdampeoria.com . They expect us at 11:30 am.

luckie_529

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The is food is great at Blue Duck but they are terrible at getting back to people. New Amsterdam is a good choice and will fit the group better. I wish that East Peoria side had docks. A lot more food choices over there.

RiverRat

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Being a beer geek I went straight to the beer list. Not too shabby! Hoping for good weather!

Brian eilrich

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I was double checking my calander and Saturday is October 8 and Sunday is October 9 I want to go the correct day please help the invite states it will be held on Saturday October 9

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The post says Sunday October 9th. I am not sure why you are seeing Saturday. It will be on Sunday October 9, 2016. See you there.