• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

steak marinade

Whats your favorite cut of Beef for Grilling?

• Ribeye

Votes: 18 56.3%
  • Fillet

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • NY Strip

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • T-bone - Porterhouse

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Sirloin

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Hamburger....i'll count this.....cheeseburger in paradise!!

• Beef Kabobs.....rules are meant ot be broken

• Total voters

latitudeadjuster

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
ok, if you try this recipe....I GUARANTEE you will NEVER order a steak in a restaurant ever again!!

Gallon size zip lock.....may need more bags but amount is for gallon size and as many steaks you want inside. Fillets (4) Strips (2-3) Ribeyes (2) etc.

Ribeye's and fillets are the BEST.

1/4 cup olive oil
1 table spoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon McCormick's Steak Montreal Seasoning......2 tablespoons if you like stronger seasoning taste.

Put in bag with steaks.....if you put in fridge over night just take out about an hour before cooking so the oils liquefy again.

Grill.....throw on grill, flip....oooops too long.

Last edited:

latitudeadjuster

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Gonna try that tomorrow. I've got 2 ny strips in the fridge waiting for the grill.

latitudeadjuster

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Gonna try that tomorrow. I've got 2 ny strips in the fridge waiting for the grill.
flare up some with the olive oil so keep an eye on them.....doesn't take long YUM!

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My favorite cut of beef is not on the list :( if you have never tried it the best cut of beef in the world is spinalis or aka cap of the ribeye. Its absolutely incredible if you try this no other steak will ever satisfy the same again so do so with caution lol. This is just the cap on a ribeye below you can see what peice it is in the picture if you have a ribeye steak seperate it and you will see a huge difference between it and the rest if the cut. This is not something you will find as a stand alone product in your neighborhood grocery store but can be ordered online or picked up from a butcher.

Rib-Crow-Omaha-Steaks-Graphic.png

latitudeadjuster

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
My favorite cut of beef is not on the list :( if you have never tried it the best cut of beef in the world is spinalis or aka cap of the ribeye. Its absolutely incredible if you try this no other steak will ever satisfy the same again so do so with caution lol. This is just the cap on a ribeye below you can see what peice it is in the picture if you have a ribeye steak seperate it and you will see a huge difference between it and the rest if the cut. This is not something you will find as a stand alone product in your neighborhood grocery store but can be ordered online or picked up from a butcher.

View attachment 43869
I was not aware of that meat. I will have to check it out when I go to the local butcher. I only go to this butcher when I buy a whole something; ribeye etc and have them cut it. I usually have the butcher but half the ribeye for my steaks the other half is used for my prime rib (BEST EVER), recipe and cooking instructions to come in another post!

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Sous Vide....OMGoodness it makes insane steaks. Anova Immersion Cooker is worth a google.

Prime Rib Sous Vide style...Best piece of meat I ever put in my belly!

Attachments

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

elcue

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Montreal Seasoning is awesome.

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I loves Ribeyes, for me I purchase the best quality I can find, grill it to medium, use a little Lawry's seasoning salt, and it's damn good eating!!

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Heres a quirky little marinade

take plain yogurt slather it over the ribeye , place it in a Ziploc and cooler for 8 hrs
wipe clean then salt and pepper

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
All done! Yum!

The marinade was tastey and tenderized the NY strip to my liking. The flavor was a tad too salty for my taste. I'll probably cut back the Montreal seasoning or the marinade time next time.

latitudeadjuster

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
All done! Yum!

The marinade was tastey and tenderized the by strip to my liking. The flavor was a tad too salty for my taste. I'll probably cut back the Montreal seasoning or the marinade time next time.
yea, I may go heavy on the seasoning....I will make it 1 tablespoon above for recipe!

eastcoaster

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
My favourite marinade for those less tender cuts like flank or round steak
Score steak then marinate for 24 hrs
1/2 cup tomato juice