• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Steerable towables

Bmore84

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've been looking at the steerable towables like the Airhead Slash 2 and Rip 2. What is the knee area like, is it padded or inflated? Anyone have any experience with these or other steerables? Any recommendations would be great!

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I have a slash 2. I haven't inflated it since last year, but I remember the knee area being inflated and it had some neoprene type material on it too.

Bmore84

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ok cool good to hear. I wasnt sure the padding situation and how it would beat up your knees.

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Just used mine the other day. I was wrong. It is inflated but not padded.

One guy rode it for about 15 minutes and got some pretty decent rug burn on his knees. Made the rest of our day fantastic though (an afternoon of off color jokes always makes for a good day).