• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

steering cable for Chaparral Vr 243 2015

morfeas

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
Dear Members,

I would kindly ask for your support. I own a vr 243 and i need a steering cable since the steering wheel is really hard.

Does anyone knows the part number /were i can buy?

Shipment to Greece.

Thank you in advance.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Hello from Florida! :Welcome: to the forum. I would start here as there are several pictures labeling hundreds of parts. Once you find the part number you can google to find distributors/sellers. Good luck and stay safe...

Here is a picture of the website. Select where the arrow is pointing to start your hunt.
1618938771227.png

morfeas

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
thank you so much for the quick response. I tried but i didn't found anything. I just wish that someone from our members have experienced the same issue and can suggest me where to order the steering cable.

ChrisM

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
looks like 5th up from the bottom. Gonna be a dealer item though.

Helm.JPG

morfeas

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
Thank you, appreciated , i have this in the manual the problem is that it will take 2 months from the dealer and i was searching maybe something in Europe.(or a company that can deliver quickly from the states)

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
There is a FB group you can join and ask. I believe this has come up there. Good luck!

morfeas

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
thank you for the support !!! really helpful

Chapvrx

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Teleflex Seastar ssc14017 is the part number for vortex 243 , the last two digits stand for the length of the cable

morfeas

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
still on the search and the boat in the lift.... everywhere it is out of stock and chaparral delivery after August...... Any suggestions?

thank you in advance.

joegreen1999

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
Dear Members,

I would kindly ask for your support. I own a vr 243 and i need a steering cable since the steering wheel is really hard.

Does anyone knows the part number /were i can buy?

Shipment to Greece.

Thank you in advance.
I know this isn't probably isn't helpful, but mine went last season. I searched and searched for the part number for weeks. I eventually ended up having to wait it out at the dealership because I was unable to find the part number myself. The invoice from my dealership listed the part number as 43.00099, however it does not have a manufacture specified and my boat is VR203

ALYUGO00

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
where did you find the replacement cable? I need one ASAP …Thanks

ALYUGO00

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
this is where i got my replacement cable from www.greatlakesskipper.com they mentioned that there is a conversion kit that they sell
Hi! I’m looking for a replacement too. 243 VRX 43.00103 from Chaparral. By any chance do you have the part number that order from great lakes skipper? Thanks

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other

ALYUGO00

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Teleflex Seastar ssc14017 is the part number for vortex 243 , the last two digits stand for the length of the cable
Hello, Are you sure that is the part number? Trying to find the same cable with that part number and its almost impossible...Thanks!

MWTCarter74

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
Was the conversion Part the end - where the connects to the bucket control? The ones they have online appear to be 16.5ft and 18ft. I am sure the 18ft would work. I know mine apparently melted the side from the CAT. Might not be the best place to mount them. I guess it started to bind a little and bowed up far enough to touch the CAT and melted, locking it up.