• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Steering cable Issue

jpass

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
I just purchased an aluminum replacement lock nut for the reverse bucket cable, but while I was looking at what's currently there, I noticed my steering cable has been "modified" where it punches through the pump mount.

I'm hoping whats under the blob of sealant isn't damaged. I'm assuming it was leaking for the previous owner. Before I dig into this and what's going on, I would like for someone to show me what should be there.

Here's what I currently have going on:

Steering cable 1.jpg Steering cable 2.jpg

kinger

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Jpass, I've never posted here before... just lingered but I JUST replaced a frozen steering cable on my 2010 210SE last weekend, so I am familiar with this and might be able to help. I don't have a picture but what you should see is a nut (wrench size was 22) with a washer behind it. That's it, maybe some silicon pushing out from behind the washer. The rubber gasket you see up against the sealant ends and you will see the treads the nut screws onto. I suspect you're right and someone had a small leak.