• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Steering Mods - Lateral Thruster and Thrust Vectors

Brian Filas

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Just a quick post. I installed the lateral thruster just before our week on the lake (last week). What a huge difference in control. I already had the Thrust Vectors installed and those help a ton, but nothing beats the lateral thruster. I was able to do a 360 between two boat houses with only a few feet to the shore. The thing turns on a dime. I also looked like a pro when we pulled in for gas on a windy day and I set that thing right next to the dock (no fending needed). With just a few minutes of practice, you will be maneuvering like a champ. With these two mods, the difference in handling between a jet and outboard is minimal.

The guys at JBP do an awesome job. There install video was awesome and only took me about an hour. Only had one small issue which was my fault (I put a little too much lock tight on the first bracket screw, and then when i went to tighten it down at the end, it didnt budget). That really didnt matter, as everything else fit so tight (and that screw is hard to get to after the fact anyway). It didnt effect my speed either. Still able to get her up to 40mph with no issues.

If you are debating if it is worth the money, don't. Just get it and you will be happy (and I am not paid to say that).

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I just tried out the lateral thrusters today. Awesome product night and day difference

macsurg

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Just installed the lateral thrusters on my 2016 242 Ltd S and looking forward to using them! Looks like, based on the videos, that they work better when you put only one engine in reverse at a time to "push" the boat. True?

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Depends on what you want to do...If you only want to push the stern, but not back up much, more power to the opposite engine only will do what you want.

If you want to turn while in reverse, power to both works.

It's pretty slick! I find the LTEs add very impressive control when backing out of tight spots.

nyfan78

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
How hard is the install of these two items?