• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Steering Plate Pivot Pin Stuck

Soup

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Anyone else have a steering plate pin that won’t budge! Bought a 2019 Limited S and the steering was impossibly tight. Turns out the pin and plate is the issue. Removed set screw and tried everything I could think of to pop it out and it won’t budge. Need ideas/help.
PS. Yamaha is 4 months out at service stations.

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Anyone else have a steering plate pin that won’t budge! Bought a 2019 Limited S and the steering was impossibly tight. Turns out the pin and plate is the issue. Removed set screw and tried everything I could think of to pop it out and it won’t budge. Need ideas/help.
PS. Yamaha is 4 months out at service stations.
What plate and pin are you talking about?
My steering tightened up badly on a boat with <50 hours and I can’t figure it out. I have the service manual and there’s hardly any information in there on steering.

Hmiller99

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Any update on this? My 6 month old boat with 26 hours on it is having the same issue. The dealership ordering the new steering plate but it’s back ordered until end of March. Trying to figure out a way to at least get the boat driveable. I’ve used corrosion x, wd 40 etc and tried to work it loose with no luck.