• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Step Through Drain Drips on Engine

Evanfspencer

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
2021 SX190 step through drain/hole drips directly one top of engine. Is this normal or did the factory forget to install a drain tube to route water to the bilge or outside the boat hull?

IMG_0977.jpgIMG_0978.jpgThis seems like a very bad design flaw if this is supposed to be this way. Just glad I've only been in fresh water so far...

Attachments

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Can you add some pictures that are zoomed out a little bit? I don't have a step-through drain on mine - this is weird.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My boat has a thru hull and a hose in that spot. I have an 2008 SX230.

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
yea you're missing the hose... and the fitting on both ends. if you see, there is a small hole on the right side(as you are looking at the picture)

Attachments

Evanfspencer

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
yea you're missing the hose... and the fitting on both ends. if you see, there is a small hole on the right side(as you are looking at the picture)
Thank you! That's what I was thinking... Can you post a pic of where the tube comes out from outside of the hull? I assume it's a little fitting of some sort?

So much for the dealer prep. I've had missing snaps for the carpet, a broken bunk board, only noticed after the first launch and had to trim and tuck about 6" of rubber trim by the windshield. I hope the dealer can just send the parts and I can do the install myself.

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
it comes out behind the cushion in the swim platform. I'm sure you can rig something up by going to the hardware store but i'd make sure to let the dealer know they/yamaha missed something on your boat.

their quality has gone down big time... my old 2012 was the best built, and gotten progressively worse lol

Evanfspencer

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
it comes out behind the cushion in the swim platform. I'm sure you can rig something up by going to the hardware store but i'd make sure to let the dealer know they/yamaha missed something on your boat.

their quality has gone down big time... my old 2012 was the best built, and gotten progressively worse lol
That makes sense because I see a hole there too.

Yeah, I love the boat but there are definitely some quality control issues. Fortunately nothing too substantial yet...

Thanks again for you help!

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yeah, you are missing a plastic fitting and a hose unless they decided to save $2 worth of materials on the new models.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'd like to think if that was the case they would not have drilled the holes. I would lose my faith in humanity if this was a design decision.

Peter simon

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I like that little storage shelf over the engine. We dont have that on 2019s.