• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Stereo system updates & overhaul on 232 Limited S

232YamaHauler

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hi All!
I recently bought a *mint* 232 limited S from my dad (he's owned & babied it since new). LOVE this boat, the engines only have 107hrs on them!

I'm putting some TLC into it, mostly chasing down a couple of electrical gremlins, but I also want to upgrade the stereo system as 2 of the OEM kicker speakers are blown/sound distorted. I'd like to ask the Jet Boaters community for pics & ideas for stereo upgrades to the 232 & SX230. I want to add a Sub and 2 extra speakers (6 speakers and 1 sub total). I already have an idea of where I'm going to install the amps, but don't know where there's enough room on this boat to install the extra speakers & sub.

Post pics of your stereo set up to show off and for ideas! If you have any suggestions I welcome those too!

Thanks & happy boating!

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'd probably post this up in the general discussion. You won't get model specific replies, but you'll get a lot of answers there, I'm sure...

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Extra speakers... Depends where you want the sound. I'd younwant it in the bow, if you want it on the swim platform, that'll make a difference where you put the speakers

Most people seem to install their subs behind the captains seat. That's about the only place with an opening large enough for a 10" sub. I've seen some people build a box for a sub to avoid cutting a huge hole, but they end up needing to cut vent holes in the compartments.