• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Stereo System

boatcop

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I new to this stereo stuff. Buy here it goes. I have ar230 have 4 JL 6.5 speakers 1 sub and 2 tower speakers and 1 JL amp 600. My question is how should I hook this up and do I need a another amp for the sub. I have ran all new wires from amp and speakers.
2 Speaker in front
2 speakers inside
1 sub in inside
Any help will be great

Rick Hagen
Mexico

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The real question in that setup, is how many channels are on the amp, and how to bridge it. Many will want a separate channel for their sub so that they can isolate and adjust separate from the other speakers. Once you nail that down, you have it ready.

If you do choose to go with a mono amp for the sub (suggested) be sure your head unit can separate the channel. And if so, you are good to go there too. You don't have to spend a ton on a mono amp, and it will be worth it. Unless your amp is a .1 version, meaning plus a mono channel for sub.

Good luck!