• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Stereo upgrade 210 FSH Sport

mkbcaptain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I did a search and nothing really helped.

I just want to add two speakers to the t-top and two on the transom.

I’m assuming I’ll need to add a four channel amp? Run wires up the t-top? Cut holes in the transom for the speakers?

Does anyone have any detail insight on this?
Recommend hardware/setup?

Thanks in advance.

bolivas

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I did a search and nothing really helped.

I just want to add two speakers to the t-top and two on the transom.

I’m assuming I’ll need to add a four channel amp? Run wires up the t-top? Cut holes in the transom for the speakers?

Does anyone have any detail insight on this?
Recommend hardware/setup?

Thanks in advance.
I attached 2 tower speakers to the outside rocket launchers that face to the rear and my kids can hear them when wake boarding or tubing. They are also great for bobbing while anchored down in the coves. I thought about a couple on the transom, but the 2 tower speakers fill that need.

I have a 5 channel amp with plans to upgrade the stock speakers in the future.

Running the wires to the T-top wasn't too bad, but i disassembled the 2 upper portions to feed the wires. I figured it would be easier than trying to fish them up and around all the different bends. I started at the rocket launchers and worked my way down.

mkbcaptain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

bolivas

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Will I need to add an amp to add the speakers to the t-top?
Looking at getting these.
Pair Rockville RWB90B Black 8" 300w Marine Wakeboard 360° Swivel Tower Speakers Amazon.com: Pair Rockville RWB90B Black 8" 300w Marine Wakeboard 360° Swivel Tower Speakers: Home Audio & Theater
You will definitely need an amp! You will overheat your head unit if you try to run them without an amp. It can get expensive real quick when you do it right. Don't go cheap on the power and ground cables for your amp either. Run dedicated power/ground cables that are used by just the amp otherwise you will most likely get a humming sound. I ran 6 gauge cables. I wired the hot cable to the cutoff switch and the ground was ran straight to the battery. I ran a separate power/ground cables for my accessories (fish finder and wireless phone charging mat. I ran that in 14 gauge wire since that is all that I needed. They are wired the same way to the cutoff switch and battery.

I looked at those too, but after the last set of off brand speakers failed me I decided to spend the extra $$ on a proven name brand set.

mkbcaptain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Okay. That all makes sense. I’ll do some shopping around and see what I can do. Should be a fun project. Tunes are important to me! Thanks a bunch

brian86992

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
That Rockville kit is excellent paired with the kicker 8" speakers. Those things are monsters if you can push a full 130W to each. In fact, the kit is so cheap on their website that the pod enclosures are included at the same price for the speakers alone. Customer service is also great. Pair KICKER 41KM84LCW 8" 600w Marine Boat Wakeboard Tower Speakers w/LED Lights

I'm running 2 X JBL MA4505 amps. One for 4 X Kicker 6.5"s in the place of stock and two Clarion 12" subs.

Haven't yet run my wires inside the T top.
IMG_2439.jpg

mkbcaptain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
That Rockville kit is excellent paired with the kicker 8" speakers. Those things are monsters if you can push a full 130W to each. In fact, the kit is so cheap on their website that the pod enclosures are included at the same price for the speakers alone. Customer service is also great. Pair KICKER 41KM84LCW 8" 600w Marine Boat Wakeboard Tower Speakers w/LED Lights

I'm running 2 X JBL MA4505 amps. One for 4 X Kicker 6.5"s in the place of stock and two Clarion 12" subs.

Haven't yet run my wires inside the T top.
Are you running a third amp for the kickers on the t-top?
Are you saying these are a goo pair?
Pair Rockville RWB90B Black 8" 300w Marine Wakeboard 360° Swivel Tower Speakers: Home Audio & Theater
or
KICKER 41KM84LCW 8" 600w Marine Boat Wakeboard Tower Speakers w/LED Lights
?
Where did you mount the subs?
If I added the 2 tower speakers, upgraded the 4 stock speakers and added one sub, would that be able to run on one amp or would two still be needed? 8 channel vs 2 channel? I have no clue!

brian86992

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Are you running a third amp for the kickers on the t-top?
Are you saying these are a goo pair?
Pair Rockville RWB90B Black 8" 300w Marine Wakeboard 360° Swivel Tower Speakers: Home Audio & Theater
or
KICKER 41KM84LCW 8" 600w Marine Boat Wakeboard Tower Speakers w/LED Lights
?
Where did you mount the subs?
If I added the 2 tower speakers, upgraded the 4 stock speakers and added one sub, would that be able to run on one amp or would two still be needed? 8 channel vs 2 channel? I have no clue!
Rockville manufactures the speaker housings. The "Rockville" branded speakers are some cheap ones I would stay away from. Get the Rockville set with the Kicker speakers. They're quality.

These speakers are high power (130W) so they take a bridged connection from the amp in place of two speakers. For the subs I cut holes on the side of the console like others here have done as well.

As far as amp, depends on what you want to accomplish. Two 5 channel amps worked best for me. For what you describe, you could do:
  • 2 x 4 channel amps (one for speakers in boat, one for tower speakers bridged) and one monoblock for the sub
  • 1 x 5 channel for in boat speakers and sub plus 1 4 channel bridged or high power 2 channel
I really like Crutchfield for audio equipment. Good support and prices.