• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Stern thruster

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Arcadyus posted a thread about stern thrusters on another forum and one guy said he recently made a stern thruster for his wake boat using this T200 Thruster - Blue Robotics.

I just created a stern thruster for our Moomba Mondo using a Blue Robotics T200 thruster. We have a slip that is tough to back out of on a windy day because the wind pushes the boat to the shoreline (the rotation of the prop in reverse pulls you that direction as well). This thruster makes it very easy. I made it so it attaches to the swim platform when docking. When it's not needed, we just release the quick connect and store it in one of the ballast compartments. The speed and rotation of the thruster is controlled at the helm. I will posted pictures of the setup soon and possibly a video. All of the components cost just over $300. The wiring is very easy.

His install is something he temporarily uses but I wonder if this little thruster could be permanently mounted under a jet or wake not swim platform and survive? I know these are made for slow moving underwater craft like an ROV or sub but for less than $300 that’s pretty cool especially when you factor in these kinds of options are several grand on some boats!

Anyways figured I’d share in case someone wants to get brave and make one for their jetboat.

Here’s a short video

D9213E4C-33C3-4682-A91B-0D921C94C3E0.jpeg7E5F18DF-2113-4494-9F51-166E3D7A0816.jpegA859CBCF-5EC5-4CBC-BC94-8D8BAB2D83D8.jpeg4391F0CA-F2D2-4C08-A150-E31826DD0822.jpeg

The wiring lost me on this but it's really cool.

Curious how much thrust that rig could actually generate!

Curious how much thrust that rig could actually generate!

I would like to see a better video as well. He says it has worked great for him in his tight slip so I guess it has enough influence. It doesn’t take much to start swinging the stern around and looks like it kicks out decent propulsion.

Back