• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Stock Courtesy Light replacement

Merlion

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
One of my front white courtesy lights (side panel) Stopped working. Does anyone know how to access it so I can replace it? (The bulb plastic cover is flat and I don’t see any screws or a way to remove the cover.
31A04E50-662D-4CD4-9F3E-6CACEAB2022C.jpeg

Bogus

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
There are screws, you should better check

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Yup, mine have small black screws on the black housing. A closer look is needed. But since the boat is only a year old, isn't this covered by component warranty? I'm pretty sure these are LED lights and shouldn't burn out...might be a wiring issue?

Merlion

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I’ll check again this weekend but did not see screews anywhere on the panel. My boat is at a marina with my trailer stored somewhere else. Taking the boat to the dealer is a mission.

would be much easier to just replace the light bulb.

also, would anyone know where the fuse is for this? ...just in case it’s a blown fuse

Last edited:

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
also, would anyone know where the fuse is for this? ...just in case it’s a blown fuse
I can't see each light being fused, that's not feasible nor cost effective...the whole courtesy circuit, and/or navigation circuits too, but not a single light.

Once you get it out, curious to know if it's LED or regular incandescent/halogen.

jim1

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
One of my front white courtesy lights (side panel) Stopped working. Does anyone know how to access it so I can replace it? (The bulb plastic cover is flat and I don’t see any screws or a way to remove the cover.
View attachment 133956
Looking forward to seeing the result of this...I have the same issue on my port side.

jim1

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I’ll check again this weekend but did not see screews anywhere on the panel. My boat is at a marina with my trailer stored somewhere else. Taking the boat to the dealer is a mission.

would be much easier to just replace the light bulb.

Did you have any luck figuring this out? I looked at mine and didn’t see any screws either.

Bogus

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
There are screws you should check better. Make the photo

Merlion

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Looking forward to seeing the result of this...I have the same issue on my port side.
Not really, no screws anywhere. I may need to think about removing the speaker and see if I can reach the light bulb from there

jim1

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Not really, no screws anywhere. I may need to think about removing the speaker and see if I can reach the light bulb from there
Yeah, I looked at it again closely today (I think my speaker is blown), the only screws there are around the speaker.

I don’t know what Bogus is talking about, but his username checks out 😁 .

I‘ll let you know what I find if I pull the speaker - please let me know if you do the same.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The face of the light is a cover that needs to be popped off to see the 4 screws

jim1

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
The face of the light is a cover that needs to be popped off to see the 4 screws
That makes sense, thanks. I tried to pull it out with my fingernail today, but it didn’t budge and I don’t want to force it. What is the best way to pull it without damaging it?

LEDs should last forever (practically), do you think wiring or something else could be the source of the problem since these are newer boats?

TIA.

Merlion

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
That makes sense, thanks. I tried to pull it out with my fingernail today, but it didn’t budge and I don’t want to force it. What is the best way to pull it without damaging it?

LEDs should last forever (practically), do you think wiring or something else could be the source of the problem since these are newer boats?

TIA.
Jim, looks like we have the same issue lol. I have my boat at the marina, will try to pry the light cover opened as suggested, but honestly don’t see how to. I also agree these LEDs should last a long time, so I’m worried it could be a wiring issue. Please let me know fo you find a way to get to the lightbulb, I‘ll do the same.

Jeel

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Same issue on mine , 1 light out , already had to replace the horn , had the boat 13 months...please post results and a part # when you find out

ZGhost

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
In theory, LED‘s should last for a long time if they were made of good quality, I doubt Yamaha will put quality LED’s in our boats. Why would they, this will cut into their profits of course!! I hate when they cut corners like this!
very well could be a bad LED. Replace it and see....

ChrisM

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
LED's are typically much more dependable than their driving circuit. I bought cheap LED replacement lights for a few spots in my vehicle, I've had to replace the resistor in one of the rows twice, the LED has been fine. Although if your courtesy light is the sealed type as below, then you are not able to access the driving circuitry, and will not be able to remove any lens for screws.

This part number is listed as being on your model, not sure if it's located in the bow.
Yamaha F2D-U8124-10-00 - LIGHT, ROOM 1 | Partzilla.com

Amazon.com : T-H Marine LWLM-1P-LED LED Mini Button Livewell Light : Sporting Goods : Sports & Outdoors

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Yup, this. I installed these same lights on my old boat. Was interesting to look up at them and realize they're the same. Mine had a TINY slot you have to poke around and see at the edge. From there you can get a small flat-head screwdriver in to pop off the cover. Then you'll have 4 small Philips head screws.

I'm fairly certain due to the light output and color that these are in fact LEDs.

jim1

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Yup, this. I installed these same lights on my old boat. Was interesting to look up at them and realize they're the same. Mine had a TINY slot you have to poke around and see at the edge. From there you can get a small flat-head screwdriver in to pop off the cover. Then you'll have 4 small Philips head screws.

I'm fairly certain due to the light output and color that these are in fact LEDs.
Thanks! So you installed this part: Yamaha F2D-U8124-10-00 - LIGHT, ROOM 1 | Partzilla.com ?

jthackman

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
2019 ar240..starboard bow courtesy light out.
mine have no screws..just pressed in..pried out.1631151067156.jpeg

didn't see them on parts breakdown at sportsplaza.
ordered some screw-ins from amazon...will post when finished

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
2019 ar240..starboard bow courtesy light out.
mine have no screws..just pressed in..pried out.

View attachment 162866

didn't see them on parts breakdown at sportsplaza.
ordered some screw-ins from amazon...will post when finished
Looks like this part. Oddly enough I have one out in my 2020 212x. It was probably out from day 1, I just never turn on the lights. LOL! It's $50 for a new one, and worth my time not to deal with the dealer for warranty stuff. So I'll likely pick one up in the off season.