• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Stock Market

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Not trying to get another Reddit WallStreetBets thing going but as someone who is active in the market I have read many of these types of articles lately. This one lays it out the best in my opinion and has me somewhat worried. Might be time to start shoring up those accounts to protect against some of the forthcoming loses. The brain trust on this forum is vast and deep. What say you??

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Not trying to get another Reddit WallStreetBets thing going but as someone who is active in the market I have read many of these types of articles lately. This one lays it out the best in my opinion and has me somewhat worried. Might be time to start shoring up those accounts to protect against some of the forthcoming loses. The brain trust on this forum is vast and deep. What say you??

I am not stock market expert, but, I‘m not sure making comparisons to the 2000 market activities is a good premise. A lot happened in the 1990’s leading up to this, most notably was the gutting of the Glass / Steagal act of 1933.. as well, Fannie May and Freddie Mac engaged in high risk mortgage loan activities which led to other problems in 2008.

I agree that the Fed, in addition to continuing QE, should have raised interest rates a long time ago. That of course has benefited many who have bought houses and or refinanced their higher interest loans.

Also to say there was a market correction of 30% in 2020 without mentioning what caused that correction is, well, a lie at best, and manipulative writing at worst.

Had the policies of the past 4 years been allowed to stay in place which would have shored up many facets of the market, and the real world economics, I ‘d say this would be unlikely. However, on the eve of massive govt spending that is based on feelings and not the science then I’d say the current policies are not going to be sustainable. So there will be a correction for sure, there always will be, but to what extent remains to be seen.

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I was playing things conservatively before the pandemic because I thought valuations are too high. I got a decent portion back in when things were low, but not nearly as much as I wish I had in hindsight.
If you made a killing this year and in recent years it might not hurt to take a little off the table.