• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

STOLEN BOAT - <now found>

shar

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sorry to hear that :(

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I’m sorry to read about your loss I hope that they recover it soon if that is what you want otherwise your insurance company should pay you out in 4 to 6 weeks, at least that is what my insurance company did when my boat was stolen.
By the way I think you are the first forum member with a 270 which a lot of members, including myself, are jealous of. I hope you get the outcome you want quickly.

VitaminSea

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Major bummer! In the photo it’s hard to make out the “Registration ID”. Can you post that to assist with potential identification. Yeah, that’s easy to remove and replace, but by chance if it was more a joy ride, the registration might still be in place.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
WOW, sorry to hear that. Were there any security camera's at the marina? Around the marina? Coast Guard may have camera's monitoring channels for weather conditions. How much gas was in it?

Last edited:

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Major bummer! In the photo it’s hard to make out the “Registration ID”. Can you post that to assist with potential identification. Yeah, that’s easy to remove and replace, but by chance if it was more a joy ride, the registration might still be in place.
Very sorry to hear this as well. Good advice above, any other differentiating features would be great as well so we can keep an eye out. What kind of trailer, any stickers, audio, scratches, etc. I have never seen a 275 in this area so it will definitely catch my eye if I see one. This is not exactly a common boat.

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Just found your thread in the welcome section. Was this stolen right off of the lift?!?!

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
if they didn’t have the keys / could not start the engines it wasn’t taken on a joy ride, more likely hauled to a more private location and stripped for parts. You would need a big trailer to tow it on land. The engines alone are worth over $10k each before labor to install. Yamaha had not yet offer the strern seats/tables assemblies when I last checked but the posts alone were $250+ each. The list goes on from there but most of the itemslike cushions are boat specific. Not so of the head unit, speakers, cleats, gear, etc.

With any luck the jerks just took it for a joy float, abandoned it and it will be found drifting relatively I damaged soon.

Elliott

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Hope it is recovered soon in good condition. With a boat that expensive, you might want to consider installing a Siren Marine system - monitor everything from batts, temps, bilge, location to an intrusion alarm via cellular and/or satellite service.

Robconn

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Sorry to hear that. I hope your insurance company can help you replace boat.

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
That sucks. This is something I always worry about when left in dock overnight and my boat is not nearly as nice/expensive. Hope they find it.

Canuckjetboater

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
That sucks. This is something I always worry about when left in dock overnight and my boat is not nearly as nice/expensive. Hope they find it.
@jEt_jAk .....I purchased 3/8" stainless steel coated cable and crimped loops into each end. I loop the cable through a very robust dock cleat and then through the cleat on our SX195. A very robust master lock completes the set-up. It would take a very determined thief with a hydraulic bolt cutter or a cut saw to get this off and he would have plenty of other boats to choose from first. My slip mate liked it so much that I made one for him. Total cost $30.00, total time to fabricate 10 minutes plus the trip to the hardware store. BTW I use various thicknesses of coated SS cable to affix EVERYTHING on my boat - for example my wife sewed a webbed loop onto both the Yamaha factory cockpit cover and the bow cover. I loop that cable through a windshield brace and lock it. A few years ago I came out to the dock and found my (another boat) had the bow and cockpit covers removed and they were lying on the dock - still connected via the cable to the windshield support. Ha Ha With the new SX195 I have also made a cable loop that I run through the metal side ratchet on one side of the Yamaha OEM trailer cover then around an arm of the trailer itself. Those Yamaha OEM trailer covers are pretty expensive!

Last edited:

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I thought about that also! Then realized the dock cleat has 2 screws to remove it completely. I suppose it’s better than nothing.

Canuckjetboater

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
I thought about that also! Then realized the dock cleat has 2 screws to remove it completely. I suppose it’s better than nothing.
@jEt_jAk the cleat I use has 6" lags that go through the top deck boards and into a 6x6. That isn't going anywhere. My dock mate has a similar cleat and he being really ocd rounded the edges of the two lags (which I bet the marina might not like - although would probably never notice) so I doubt anyone would ever get that cleat off..... LOL Of course, little will stop a determined thief but hopefully make them move on. As well, the other boaters in the marina would probably approach or call-in someone hanging around long enough to cut my cabling or be seen walking down the dock with bolt cutters - always bound to arouse suspicion - especially in a marina!

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That's enough to make you sick... there's few things I hate more than people with no conscience stealing people's hard earned stuff. It's pretty disheartening... sorry you have to endure it. There's still good people in the world and better days ahead.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
All the cleats on docks around here are thru bolted, no lag screws, you will need a backing wrench and longer arms to reach both ends of the bolt with the floating dock sub structure in the way.
@Canuckjetboater The marina may get pissed at your dock mate for rounding off the hex. As you know that removes the galv. coating on the bolt causing corrosion. But they will have to prove it first...blame it on the beaver. ;)
I like your cable lock over a kill switch because the boat cannot be towed away. Great idea with the covers.

Last edited:

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
That's terrible! I hate thieves! If I were King of the World, there would be a lot more crimes on the death penalty list :happy:. I hope you find it soon and not damaged or torn up! Best of luck to you!

Fish

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Bummer and hope you get things resolved to your satisfaction.

jjmparsons

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

My heart sank seeing the initial post but after sleuthing around for a minute on FB it looks like they found it.