• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Stoltz bow roller

Bssmith1220

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just replaced my factory shorelander trailer bow roller with a stoltz that’s said it fit shorelander Yamaha trailers. Does this fitment look right? Why so much pressure on the bells and no touching on the center roller? The boat is a 2020 AR240.
Thanks in advance for any insight!

Attachments

jmargo

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

FLBulldogger

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
That roller is what we use for our SX195 I agree with @jmargo the 4 inch RP-446 is what you need.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I will be honest, I don't like the look of how it is sitting on the bells at all. I went with the smaller bells and it fits perfect and snug. Now you have an AR240, mine is an AR210 I am not sure if there is a difference in the hull there at the front point.

Bssmith1220

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This was the one you needed.
Wouldn’t be the first time I bought something twice! Any harm you think in the one I have on there now, as in will it damage the boat?

Bssmith1220

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just thought it seemed most like the factory one and was the correct replacement. If the other one you guys posted up is more fitting I’ll get that one.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes, get it you will be pleased. It is rock solid and fits perfect.

jmargo

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If the place you bought it from won't return it you can sell it in the classified for a small loss. The one you have now is still useful for other users.

Bssmith1220

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If the place you bought it from won't return it you can sell it in the classified for a small loss. The one you have now is still useful for other users.
Thanks for the suggestion. It wasn’t like it cost a ton so I’ll write that off to should have done research prior to purchase cost.

jmargo

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for the suggestion. It wasn’t like it cost a ton so I’ll write that off to should have done research prior to purchase cost.
Measure the distance between the tabs first. I just noticed its a 3.5in vs the 4in.

Bssmith1220

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Measure the distance between the tabs first. I just noticed its a 3.5in vs the 4in.
It’s 4”. The 3.5” one I got pulled them in some when I tightened it.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have been using the one you bought for 8 years now. Works fine. Up to you, but I would just keep it. If anything it is extra protection against that metal in the roller mount hitting the front of your boat...

Bssmith1220

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have been using the one you bought for 8 years now. Works fine. Up to you, but I would just keep it. If anything it is extra protection against that metal in the roller mount hitting the front of your boat...
Any issues with it leaving marks on the hull? Is your boat a 24 foot?

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
None. Occasionally it will leave some of the roller on the hull (like a very thin film). Rubs right off with my finger.

Yep, 24 foot.

I will agree that the small bells look better and all. But mine works fine for me.

ZGhost

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
The smaller one fits the contour of the hull nicely but the concern would be it’s too close to the metal ears. The larger bell one does not fit the boat contour perfectly but mimics the OEM one with better material and provides tons of protection against metal ears. If it’s little bent, so what? That’s what the roller bells are designed to do anyway, right?

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@ZGhost I thought about that and have been watching it closely. I also, at times, do the 5 mph trailer stop to snug up the boat and watch what happens to the roller bells. I don't see it coming close or flexing that much. Pretty confident it is fine. Unless someone else has had a bad experience.

I prefer the entire center part and the bells to be on the boat, it feels more secure and gives me piece of mind towing this thing down the road. More surface area contact. But it may just all be up to personal preference. I can't speak for the larger bells since I haven't used them.

Nous Defions

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Since reading this post, I did a few things. I needed a new strap so I got that, then I saw the the reel needed some attention, so I cleaned all the rust off and painted it. While I was at it got a new roller. Now everything looks shiny and new. One question should the outside bells of the Stolz roller spin? They appear to be pretty snug. The inside roller spins freely.

Attachments

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Even if snug, the pushing of the weight of the boat on it will make it turn if it needs to do so (unless you massively overtightened it). But the bolts are against the outside rollers, so snugness is expected.

chriswork

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
First off awesome site. Felt like I knew more than the dealer about the boat when I test drove it. So I’m also marking up the bow with the stock roller. I replaced it with the 4” stoltz and while the bow sits perfectly, I’m worried at a particular angle I may contact the metal. Pic attached. Am I being paranoid? Thanks!

Attachments

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
First off awesome site. Felt like I knew more than the dealer about the boat when I test drove it. So I’m also marking up the bow with the stock roller. I replaced it with the 4” stoltz and while the bow sits perfectly, I’m worried at a particular angle I may contact the metal. Pic attached. Am I being paranoid? Thanks!
No, you’re not
EA28A295-1CB7-4131-B58F-1A43D3B8C239.jpeg29C29B70-B672-4610-AC3A-0C7169E697DD.jpeg