• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Stuck at LAX due to ORD ATC Fire...

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
...any of you SoCal JBN fellows hitting the lake today?

Man I'm stuck also do to fire !!! Trying to get to Portland OR !!!

Yep sucks big ones! !! Was going to hit the river but that is out now!!

I has a few friends that are stuck as well. They now have to get a rental car and drive the rest of the trip.

Till tomorrow !!

Milwaukee area is supposed to be mid-upper 70s and sunny Sat & Sun. I was going to get at least one more lake day in this season. Now? Totally hosed.

Good news: now rebooked
Bad news: don't fly out until late Sunday(!)

:mad::mad::mad:

Good news: now rebooked
Bad news: don't fly out until late Sunday(!)

:mad::mad::mad:

That sucks...I've been there....Rent a car and hit the road. I've had to do it...my company would be paying me for 16 hours a day while I sat so the rental car for me is a viable option.

The guy that works for me is flying to Italy today out of O'Hare (vacation, not business). Last I heard from him the international flights were the only ones on time. If all is still well then he's probably hearing the "clunk" of the landing gear doors as I type this.

As for me, we're hitting the lake one last time tomorrow. Each of the girls has a friend they are bringing along. (The boys aren't quite ready for that yet.)

Sunday I'll clean her up and pull out most things that move and put her away for the winter.

I feel for you guys. I have been caught in many of these events over the years. I hope you all get to where you want to be and it all gets back to normal. Sorry if your plans were disrupted or your separated from family...that is the worst!

It was improving earlier but has gone to crap again. For a few hours this afternoon the big boys were ripping north one after the other. It has been quiet the last few hours and the latest check of FlightAware shows not much happening in the area.

Sitting out at the boys football practice and there's no con trails. Everyone keeps saying how it reminds them of 9/11.

@txav8r

If you are out here before Sunday, give me a shout. I will buy you a beer (or soda if you are in a window)!

It is frustrating...you expect the snowstorms and the heavy squall lines to cause problems. You don't really want to hear about some nut burning down the infrastructure.

I am feeling better now. May have something to do with the three tall margaritas on the rocks I just downed. :):D:rolleyes:

Going on google now to understand what you are talking about. Sounds bad and I hope everyone works around this okay

@GTBRMC , thanks for the offer! It would be great to do just that, but I won't be out in sunny california this trip. Ironically, I will be in RDU next week and @Julian will be in Texas! So we miss all the way around. I too hope it all sorts out and everyone gets where they want to be!

@GTBRMC , thanks for the offer! It would be great to do just that, but I won't be out in sunny california this trip. Ironically, I will be in RDU next week and @Julian will be in Texas! So we miss all the way around. I too hope it all sorts out and everyone gets where they want to be!

Well, we couldn't get to MKE from LAX, so took a chance on the 06:20 to DEN. Standby from DEN to MKE did not happen. But, now seated on a DEN to MSP, will rent car and drive to MKE, (barring further problems) should be home in time to get a decent sleep and hit the lake tomorrow!

Where there is a will there is a way! We have done that many times to get home when the $#!+ hit the fan! I hate going backwards however. We once went from ORD to SNA to get to DFW!

It will be about a 34 hr trip from LAX to MKE when all is said and done. If the MSP flight had not come through our next option was 17 hr drive DEN to MSP in a Honda Oddessy.

Anyway, safe and happy boating to all of you!

Made it home! Just a minor 28 hour delay.:eek::D:rolleyes:

I had a MKE overnight last night. No issues getting in or out except for some route changes and lower altitudes once in Chicago airspace (with approach controllers). They're saying things won't be back to normal till the second week of October.

Back