• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Stuck on the water thanks to PLASTIC

RIDINwithRICK

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Unfortunately today is a sad day as I am stuck in the water due to plastic all up in the impeller. I was able to cut out most of it however the boat won't start as their might be an unreachable piece near the back that I won't be able to get out until I pull out the jet pump on land. Anyone have any ideas before I TOW it out of here

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
It won’t turn over or won’t fire up?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If it will not turn over and does not have spark then either the cleanout hatch switch believes it is open, the neutral switch believes it is not in neutral, the battery is not providing power to the starter, or something has actually prevented the impeller from rotating.

The first two are more likely than the third or fourth.

MR-1 engines have fuses under a cover on the ECU. You may have similar fuses on your 1.8.

RIDINwithRICK

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Called for a tow and waiting for them. Is there anything I should know when being towed. I heard that sometimes that a tow can mess up the engines. Is that true? What can I do on my part?

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Called for a tow and waiting for them. Is there anything I should know when being towed. I heard that sometimes that a tow can mess up the engines. Is that true? What can I do on my part?
Do not tow at more than 5 MPH. That is covered in the owners manual if you want to show the tow operator.

Alternately you can clamp off the cooling water hose but it is good to tow slowly anyway.

RIDINwithRICK

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
OK, thanks for the info. Much appreciated

mrcleanr6

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
by doing this do you NOT have to clamp the hoses anymore?
i wouldn't say that but without the reverse gate 1/2 closing the nozzle off you are reducing the back pressure in the pump so it doesnt back up into the engine. Lets say it might get you another couple mph of tow speed. Its just an extra safety measure. The only 100% way to block off the water is clamping the cooling hose. I keep 2 pairs of small needle nose vise grips on board to do this. If your hoses are in a tight location like mine then they are the easiest thing to clamp it off with.

RIDINwithRICK

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Ok, i have an update. Boat was trailered back to the house. I pulled out the jet pump and took the rest of the hard plastic out of the impeller. Realized i need some new bushings for the steering as it was getting difficult however now i figured out that the bushings were kind of wasted. I wonder where I can order new bushings. However I got back to try to start the boat and now I'm having issues starting the engine as it wont turn over and i am receiving a communication error. Ahhhhh!!! My dealer won't be able to even check it out till next monday which is pretty good compared to other dealers. Is there anything I can do to troubleshoot and figure out until next monday when I take it to dealer. I appreciate all the advice given and will be doing more and more research to get my fsh 190 back on the water. Thank you in advance

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

RIDINwithRICK

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Thanks for pushing that product. Just purchased, i hope it fits my 2016 fsh 190 and my steering improves

JASmith

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
nice just ordered a set as well, glad you put me on to it! stock ones do have some nice play in them. Hopefully I ordered the right set!

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@RIDINwithRICK, @JASmith, the inner and outer diameter is the same for all Yamaha boats. The only difference in the two versions is the length. The short ones might allow a flange on top and bottom. The long ones can be cut in half if you prefer.

JASmith

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
@RIDINwithRICK, @JASmith, the inner and outer diameter is the same for all Yamaha boats. The only difference in the two versions is the length. The short ones might allow a flange on top and bottom. The long ones can be cut in half if you prefer.
Cool, I'm not too picky, as long as it works with my cobra jets secondary steering rod, which it seems like either way it will. I'm good with whatever is easiest!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Ok, i have an update. Boat was trailered back to the house. I pulled out the jet pump and took the rest of the hard plastic out of the impeller. Realized i need some new bushings for the steering as it was getting difficult however now i figured out that the bushings were kind of wasted. I wonder where I can order new bushings. However I got back to try to start the boat and now I'm having issues starting the engine as it wont turn over and i am receiving a communication error. Ahhhhh!!! My dealer won't be able to even check it out till next monday which is pretty good compared to other dealers. Is there anything I can do to troubleshoot and figure out until next monday when I take it to dealer. I appreciate all the advice given and will be doing more and more research to get my fsh 190 back on the water. Thank you in advance
What error are you getting?
Not turning over could be the clean out tray cutout....try taping a coin to the spot where it closes as a quick test.....or have some start it while you are depressing the button manually.