• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Stupid Mistake.

Johmas50

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Today I put the batteries back in my boat and made a big mistake. The starting battery I hooked up correctly, however the house battery I cross wired. Basically I put the negatives all on the positive post of the house battery and the positive on the negative. Thankfully I caught it quickly, and other than blowing some fuses everything seems OK. The batteries weren't warped or ruined, but since then my radio doesn't work. Everything else is fine. I have the stock JBL stereo on my 2012 SX210. Is there another fuse somewhere other than by the battery that might need replacing in order to make the stereo work again?

This is exactly why I took a picture of the batteries my first season with the boat before putting it up for the winter. Three years with the boat, I still have to look at the photo.

I do not remember if there is a breaker reset button for the radio like there is for all switches but you may want to check.

There should be a fuse behind the radio. Either in the back of the unit or on the main power wire.

Been there, done that... The radio should have a fuse as stated above. Mine was in the chassis of the radio itself.

There is an inline fuse on the stock JBL radio @Johmas50. It's very close to the back of the radio in a black plastic, inline, fuse holder. I also believe there is a circuit breaker by the radio switch. Hopefully that will resolve your problem.

Last edited:
I recommend zip tying all the positives and negatives together before you disconnect next time. After that I wrap each line with black or red electrical tape.

X2.. that is what I do.

I do not understand why Yamaha did not color code them. They did for the starter wires on my boat but not for the house wiring.

Thank you all, it's funny I had them all zip tied, then took the tie off to attach them to the terminal. Anyway, it looks like I may have gotten away with little issue. Now if I can just use the tips above and find the stereo fuse , I should be good to go.

You are not alone...I did this one season myself...

Color coded electrical tape seems like a great idea. I never thought to do that...I'm going to go do that to my work trailer today. Thanks for the tip:winkingthumbsup"

When I did it on my boat, I had the wires marked. The problem was that the poles on the battery were reversed from the stock battery. And I didn't check the polarity on the battery itself. Damn...

So did any of you have problems afterward, once fuses were replaced, either with the battery in question or with anything else electrical? Am I probably safe using the battery that was cross wired?

My battery still works, but it does seem to die faster than it used to. No matter, I've upgraded that battery to a group 31 agm. I'm sure you could get it tested though.

I have a single battery on my AR240. Does anyone have a pic of how it should be hooked up. I completely forgot to zip tie them together and would hate to jack something up.

Back