• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Sub Installed

Augieol65

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Finally got around to getting this Polk audio 10” sub installed. The sound improvement pre and post sub is amazing! Think I’m all set now. Stock 6 speakers on 1 amp, wetsounds soundbar on one amp and now this sub on the third amp. Going to see how my current house battery holds up before I consider replacement or adding another. Anyone adding addition batteries to a boat that had the recessed tray? I don’t think much bigger than the group 24 fits in them but maybe?

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Very cool. I can’t help with the battery size; but I would definitely look at a second with that setup. Until then, a jump pack is an easier and lighter way to insure yourself from listening just a minute too long.

Augieol65

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yeah I definitely want to get one of those! More so Incase I ever need to help a buddy. Should never have to jump ours with the isolated/dedicated engine battery.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Do yourself a favor and install a second battery and battery switch. You won't be sorry...

Augieol65

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yeah boat already has a second battery. Didn’t know if I needed a second house battery (third total) already have two batteries wires through a DVSR.

props2you

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Yeah boat already has a second battery. Didn’t know if I needed a second house battery (third total) already have two batteries wires through a DVSR.
You'll want to add the 3rd overall/2nd house. Search on here about adding batteries and you'll quickly realize and understand the need for that 2nd house battery. I have a DC GRP 24 starting battery and 2 GRP 31 Duracell Marine AGM's in parallel. I'm running 800 watt amp and prior to my 2nd house I was only getting 4-6 hours of run time, at best on my house GRP 24. That is no longer an issue. Do yourself a favor and add the 2nd, you won't regret it.

Start here:

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I only have AGM deep cycle batteries. These have plenty of cranking power to turn/start these engines. Not a problem.

Augieol65

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
You'll want to add the 3rd overall/2nd house. Search on here about adding batteries and you'll quickly realize and understand the need for that 2nd house battery. I have a DC GRP 24 starting battery and 2 GRP 31 Duracell Marine AGM's in parallel. I'm running 800 watt amp and prior to my 2nd house I was only getting 4-6 hours of run time, at best on my house GRP 24. That is no longer an issue. Do yourself a favor and add the 2nd, you won't regret it.

Start here:
Thanks!