• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Subwoofer not working on Wetsounds system

Jet16

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Hi guys,

We've been chatting this up a bit on the Vortex facebook page but figured I would put it on here as well as it seems a bunch of us new 2017 Vortex owners are having this issue.

I have the upgraded Wetsounds system on my 2017 Chap Vortex VRX 2430 and my subwoofer is NOT working. I have it turned ON in the Medallion Viper 2 system and there is no discernible difference as to when I turn it ON or OFF. I played a few songs with pretty good bass just to make sure and I felt the speaker and there was no vibration at all... at least none I could detect. The system itself by the way.... sounds great, but must sound truly awesome with the sub!! I plan on calling my dealer tomorrow or Friday but was just wondering if I am missing something here?? Thanks in advance!

Bret

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Glad to hear you got this resolved & your jamm'n to your tunes!

Jet16

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Glad to hear you got this resolved & your jamm'n to your tunes!
Yeah... thanks for reminding me to update this thread for anyone who cares. Turns out that the wires from sub to the amplifier were reversed in their connections.
Go figure! Doesn't say too much for Chaparral's quality control but things happen I guess. Anyone with the upgraded sound system should definitely check their connections going to the amplifier.

Chapvrx

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Hi guys,

We've been chatting this up a bit on the Vortex facebook page but figured I would put it on here as well as it seems a bunch of us new 2017 Vortex owners are having this issue.

I have the upgraded Wetsounds system on my 2017 Chap Vortex VRX 2430 and my subwoofer is NOT working. I have it turned ON in the Medallion Viper 2 system and there is no discernible difference as to when I turn it ON or OFF. I played a few songs with pretty good bass just to make sure and I felt the speaker and there was no vibration at all... at least none I could detect. The system itself by the way.... sounds great, but must sound truly awesome with the sub!! I plan on calling my dealer tomorrow or Friday but was just wondering if I am missing something here?? Thanks in advance!
Thanks for this info.

Just checked my subwoofer and it's not working it looks like I was using my boat without subwoofer, I checked my amplifier it's connected with power wires +/- but no RCA rad and white wires on 5,6 channels they're missing , time to visit chap dealer.

it looks like this boats are assembled by the same person all the same problems across the board.

waternutt

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
I might just be blind but I, for the life of me, cannot find the amp. Where is it mounted?

Chapvrx

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
It's inside your head/ toilet compartment, behind back wall , there is a carpeted panel with four screws in it

Chapvrx

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Can some one please post a picture of there's subwoofer connection to the amplifier, it would really help to fix this issue , I tried with the dealer but they all booked for few months, I would like to fix it myself. Thanks in advance

Chas_Chap

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I recently purchased a 223 VRX and can't hear the sub at all. I wonder if they have it turned down at the amp. Anybody know where the amp is located on this bad boy?

Chapvrx

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I recently purchased a 223 VRX and can't hear the sub at all. I wonder if they have it turned down at the amp. Anybody know where the amp is located on this bad boy?
It's not connected

It's inside your head/ toilet compartment, behind back wall , there is a carpeted panel with four screws in it

If you can can you snap a picture of your connection I might be able to point you in to the right direction on how to fix it

blackhawkpilot

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
On the 223, it's inside the port side storage compartment (no head on the 223). It's located on the forward wall. You can't miss it.

Chapvrx

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
What he said ^^

Post some pictures of your amp and wires connected

Chapvrx

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
It helps my setup looks a little different,

Can you change Red and White RCA cables on an Amp to a Deferent channel, you have two more there as I can see,and see if it works, also I would open back panel to see behind your subwoofer if your +/- wires connected to the sub speaker correctly

Chas_Chap

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
It helps my setup looks a little different,

Can you change Red and White RCA cables on an Amp to a Deferent channel, you have two more there as I can see,and see if it works, also I would open back panel to see behind your subwoofer if your +/- wires connected to the sub speaker correctly
What does yours look like?

Chapvrx

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length

Attachments

Last edited:

Chas_Chap

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Thanks for all the help. I got someone that knew what the hell they were doing to come rewire it. It sounds unbelievable now.