• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Subwoofer stopped working!

CLBeerbower

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Have a 2020 212xd with the wet sounds system. I just noticed that the sub is no longer working. Has anyone experienced this before? I tried removing the fuses from the amp but I could not seem to remove them. Any tricks I am missing?

Did you try to hook up another speaker to see if the amplifier is the problem or the speaker ?

If you have a voltmeter it's easy to check if it's that amp or speaker that failed.

I have checked impedance on a speaker with a volt meter subs are usually around 4 ohms. 0 would indicate a dead speaker ? What would you see coming out of the amp ? AC voltage ?

I have checked impedance on a speaker with a volt meter subs are usually around 4 ohms. 0 would indicate a dead speaker ? What would you see coming out of the amp ? AC voltage ?

Yep, 0 ohms means an open circuit and likely a fried coil. Some audio manufactures will sell you a new coil, I've replaced the coil on Wetsounds REV speakers more than once. The amp speaker outputs are AC voltage, I use a multimeter to set the gains on my amps.

I haven’t had a chance to check yet. Damn thing is not too easy to remove. I am hoping it is something simple like the connections on the back fell off. Ha!

I haven’t had a chance to check yet. Damn thing is not too easy to remove. I am hoping it is something simple like the connections on the back fell off. Ha!

If you can get to the wires that are connected to the amp you can detach the wires from the amp and you can use those wires to check the impedance there.

Very hard to remove amp fuses do I have to use more force ?

Trying to get my subwoofer to come on the one mounted in the battery compartment. I tested the red and black wire going into it no volt reading. Does any one know which amp box goes to it I have one with 2 pink colored fuses but I can’t seem to get them out to check them any advise

Back