• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Sucked up a rope, need the communities help!

jrhunt84

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 ID
Boat Length
While tubing, a "not so bright" friend of mine (or former friend) was pulling the rope out of the water while pulling his kids in. Little did I know, he was tossing the rope of the side of the boat while pulling it in. Needless to say, it got wrapped around the impeller and shaft.

Dropped it off at the dealer and was told they had the parts in stock. Went to pick it up several days later and they informed me that the last impeller boot they had in stock busted while putting it on. Now, with COVID, they are saying it could take 6 weeks to get BRP to ship the part...which may very will be my season.

Anyone have any luck using an OEM part on their Scarab? I know the BRP part number is 0460151. I've called a TON of places and almost everyone is out of stock.

At this point...I think its safe to say I'm desperate for any solution as I don't really want to wrap up my season yet!

Thanks in advance for your help!!!

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
That sucks - and another reason I hate tubes on a boat. Anyway, not sure what to tell you about the boot part, any chance it could be repaired and you could use it until they ship it? Also, did you try any places in Canada? Would be worth the additional shipping if you got it sooner than 6 weeks.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Have you tried here

States it ships in 3-5 days.
1595864879933.png

jrhunt84

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 ID
Boat Length
Oh believe me....my wife sold the tube before I could slash it with a knife. I'm done with watersports on the boat for now.

The dealer tore the threads on the impeller boot when trying to install it but otherwise everything else has been repaired. My service advisor and I are trying to think of anything and everything to get it fixed for now. Although I've seen some posts that say you can run without the boot for short periods of time...not sure if that's true?!

I'm just hoping someone on here has used an aftermarket impeller boot and had success with it. Every place I've called so far, including in Canada, does not have the BRP part in stock.

jrhunt84

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 ID
Boat Length
Have you tried here

States it ships in 3-5 days.
View attachment 127401

I placed an order with them this morning and got a reply that the part is actually out of stock and it could be up to 8 business days before they get anything back from the manufacturer. Soo....not ETA on when it will actually be available.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I placed an order with them this morning and got a reply that the part is actually out of stock and it could be up to 8 business days before they get anything back from the manufacturer. Soo....not ETA on when it will actually be available.
Oh, that stinks :eek: . Maybe offer them more $$ if they can get you one sooner??? Money is a great motivator. :winkingthumbsup"

jrhunt84

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 ID
Boat Length
Oh, that stinks :eek: . Maybe offer them more $$ if they can get you one sooner??? Money is a great motivator. :winkingthumbsup"

I wish money could solve my problem...unfortunately no amount of money I've tried to throw at this is getting me anywhere. No one really stocked this part before COVID and now post COVID...no one can get ahold of the part.

I saw a thread from 2017, same issue, that referenced metal impeller boots but not sure anyone has tried them.

Miitch

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Correct me if im wrong - but i do not think going a few weeks with no impeller boot will cause any damage... It just holds the grease in. Obviously, going months on end without the boot will cause rust issues. You should be able to go without it for longer if you keep re applying grease to the shaft.

I actually lost mine a week in to owning my boat in June! i drove it for 2 weeks while i waited for the replacement to come in. Once it arrived, i re-greased the shaft, and put the new boot on with no issues. Unfortunately, it does require the pump to come off, but its very doable from home. I have a 215 Rotax. Similar (but smaller) to yours ;) .

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length

jrhunt84

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 ID
Boat Length
I guess it's a question I'd need to ask my Marinemax service advisor. I'm typically only on the water on Saturdays and for about/around 6 hours. I've read the same thing on other forums but not sure if that voids the warranty.

jrhunt84

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 ID
Boat Length
Figured I'd follow this up with the resolution that came about. Got a call this morning from my service tech....its appears that the part they tried to install and assumed "broke" while doing so....was the original impeller boot that was damaged by the rope. The "new" part was hidden behind another tech's toolbox (not intentionally) and was installed this morning.