• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Summer

latitudeadjuster

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Is it summer yet???:wtf:

Come on summer!
28 F here this morning, I know it's not winter by many peoples standards but all things are relative.
Wanted to finish detailing the boat but it will have to wait.

Yes come on Summer!! I am at the lake and was planning on working on my cavitation problem. Don't know if I will even try to get her out of the water. Yesterday was worse. I have already started looking at my summer boat and motorcycle pictures while planning next year's trips and adventures!

Yes come on Summer!! I am at the lake and was planning on working on my cavitation problem. Don't know if I will even try to get her out of the water. Yesterday was worse. I have already started looking at my summer boat and motorcycle pictures while planning next year's trips and adventures!
What is a cavitation problem? I have seen this but never really understood what it was.....guess I have been lucky thru out the years!!

It's ALWAYS summer someplace. You just gotta get there. :)

What is a cavitation problem? I have seen this but never really understood what it was.....guess I have been lucky thru out the years!!
@latitudeadjuster. Cavitation is the disrupted flow of water through the pump causing loss of thrust in the affected pump. Usually it's caused by debris, such as a stick, sea weed or trash, stuck in the pump intake. It can also be caused by an impeller that is damaged or a wear ring that's damaged or worn. This causes turbulence and air bubbles which reduced thrust. You can usually hear a different sound from the affected engine/pump and you can also feel a vibration and loss of thrust. I get this ocassionally when I suck up some sea weed or sea grass.

Got ya....that's what I thought but wasn't sure. We have a relatively clean lake here. I think I had that with my old boat felt like something was weird and seen little bubbles and then it must have shot out under power because all was good. Thanks for info.

It's ALWAYS summer someplace. You just gotta get there. :)
You right there.....just like its always five o'clock somewhere.....I stuck a screw thru my outside thermometer to hold it at 90 degrees but doesn't seem to help!!!

Reactions: Gym
Don't fight winter.....joint it.
....or at least merge with it as I tried...lol
image.jpg

What is this thing "Winter" of which you speak?
media

Back