• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Sunstream V-Lift

Geiger41

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Well I just put my deposit down on a Sunstream V-lift 7k lb. Version. Install is April 19th. I paid $7500+Tax..so $8025 total. This included assembly, and delivery. The unit comes with a 3 year warranty on the lift and a 1 year warranty on the batteries. I'm excited, as some of you from the other site may know I have been researching this lift for about 6 months now. Anyone have any experience with the V-lift.

Nice choice! I looked carefully at that lift as well. I ended up with an airdock because it was half the price, but that V-Lift sure is sweet, and will hold its resale value much better than the airdock will!

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I notice you have a tower on your boat and use a v-lift. Do you use a mooring cover? If so, how do you get the opposite side from your dock cover on around the tower poles?

Honestly I'm not entirely sure, but I think it might be difficult to do considering you'd have to lean over the side windshield and reach pretty far down for the forward tower pole. I'm going to have to try it this spring.

I don't have snaps. To get the cover on really tight, sometimes I will stand on the lift on the water side and work the cover to the rear. Its a pain in the ass sometimes especially if it is windy. BUT one trick is to simply unhook the lift from the dock and swivel it around. This is VERY easy and takes about 5 seconds. Lift is awesome. At first it was a mofo for the cover, now that I have the swivel trick its pretty easy. @Skysurfer2010 if your ever down by LBI/A.C. area I can show you how.

@geiger41
I just checked out the V lift online and sent an inquiry to them. Looks nice! What did you like about this vs. something like the Hydro Hoist? I am looking at a used 6k lb Hydro Hoist installed for $5200 or a new one, 4400 lbs (all I need) for $6500...
Thanks!

Did you look at FloatAir lifts? I am looking at those right now $5500 installed and it is new.

Did you look at FloatAir lifts? I am looking at those right now $5500 installed and it is new.

Thanks for the tip. Just contacted them....good to have options!
Compared to Hydro hoist, they have metal in the water, but I am not sure how much of an issue that really is long-term in fresh water. They also have hard plastic bunks, as opposed to carpeted, which they tout as long-term maintenance a feature. Question is whether they are harder on the boat than carpeted....

Last edited:
I just got a used Hydrohoist 6600UL for 4k. Pretty pleased with the deal. Hoping to get it installed this week. My marina gets some wake because its on the main channel and the fact that the lift uses 2 pontoon style floats instead of a block float like EconoLift or FloatAir is better at handling the wake our marina sees. Our marina has all kinds of different float style lifts and it seems the block style lifts are the ones that are loosing air and dipping the boat down in the water. Electrolysis and lake crap will over time damage the metal that is subject to water.

All great points. The Floatair lift has no metal parts in the water when the boat is lifted. I was thinking that meant the majority of the time the metal is not in the water. One thing the Floatair is helpful with is if you have shallow water. Since it doesn't have the big tanks it can operate in less water. During the winter our lake drops and this feature allows me to use the boat all winter (unless the lake goes real low!). I wondered about the bunks as well. The version I am looking at is the four point model. What I understand is that the boat does not ride up on the bunks (like a trailer). You tie to the front and then the as the lift goes up it contacts the boat and lifts her out of the water. I have an opportunity to get a regular tank type lift, used, 6600 lbs. and installed for $5200. I have been leaning more towards the Floatair. Am I thinking of something wrong or missing something?

I think FloatAir makes a good lift for sure. I just went down to the marina and walked the docks. It seemed all of the EconoLifts were submerged. We have several people with FloatAirs and those were still up. I don't think you will go wrong with a FloatAir.

Yes the Floatair is bolted to the dock. The guy that installs them said the lift actually strengths the dock (I have a floating dock) and he has seen high winds damage other docks but the ones with the lift installed stayed stable. I spoke to the sales guy and I can now get the lift installed for $5325. I think I am going to go with the Floatair.

I got my Hydrohoist installed yesterday. Love having the boat out of the water! Works great.

Best thing I like about the Vlift is that I can spin it around at will with the boat on or off. This means its way easier to clean and put the cover on/off. Also I can put my boat on /off in any direction. So far I am very happy with my purchase. You just have to make sure you have electric near the lift to keep it plugged in, unless you get the solar option

Back