• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Super Mable issues

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Well I have been using the SM every outing and she is starting to show signs of impending failure. The strap reinforcement threads are coming out, not pulling out, they just started coming undone to a point today that some of the fabric started to rip... has anyone dealt with them on wrranty for this type of issue? I am guessing I have used it about 6 or 7 outings and do not think this kind of issues should be so prevelant so soon...

Boat Crazy

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have heard they come with an excellent warranty. I would call them to see what they say and would not be surprised if they sent you a new one.

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Hmmm...seems strange. My Big Mable and Super Mable have held up much longer than that. I would do what Boat Crazy suggested.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Mine isn't doing that but it appears to be getting a big bulge in the center I heard a loud pop one day and then it went round rather than flat in the middle like an internal baffle tore apart. Anyone ever hear of that issue?

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Mine isn't doing that but it appears to be getting a big bulge in the center I heard a loud pop one day and then it went round rather than flat in the middle like an internal baffle tore apart. Anyone ever hear of that issue?
Sounds like one of the internal baffles failed at a high frequency welded seam. I have seen that before, but not in a higher quality tube like the Mable. If it is newish - I would give Sportstuff a call. If it is not... I guess you have a new riding experience.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
we have had it a year now it is different though it likes to bounce in rough conditions I mean really bounce

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My Big Mable did the same thing after a year. Now I just stick with Costco tubes as I can take them back if/when there is a problem.

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I sent all info required to Sports Stuff and recieved an email stating it will take up to 72 hours for a determination. If they find the issue a defect they will ship out a replacement that day. We will see what happens.

Here are the photos I sent them:
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Jonathan T

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I recently bought a SM and everyone loves it. However, I've noticed that it takes on water after running for awhile. It makes it really heavy to the point that I can notice a difference when pulling it. Then we stop the boat and drain it on the swim platform for about 5 minutes. Had anyone else had this issue?

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Jonathan T that happens if it's not blown up enough. I was told by sportstuff that it should be almost hard when it's fully inflated. A 150lb person should only sink about a inch when they get on it. We use an electric pump to blow it up and when that maxes out I finish it with a hand pump.

ripler

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
If they won't replace it, you can buy replacement parts on their website. We have a tube that has been discontinued and I bought some parts last month.