• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Supercharging the TR1’s?

CDubya

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Has anyone added any performance enhancing Super chargers or turbos to the TR1’s successfully? It seems like it would be an obvious solution to the lack of power on the 210 fsh and other platforms that share the same engine setups. What are the the options out there to wake these things up a little bit? I love my 2020 210 FSH but find myself wanting more power when I have a boat full of people or I’m surfing with a lot of ballast in the boat. Thanks for your input!

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Sounds cheaper to upgrade to different boat. I would imagine 15k easy.

Canuckjetboater

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Check with Riva Racing maybe just an ECU flash would give enough. I am on Riva Racing's e-mail list. I recommend anyone with a jet boat to at least visit their site. They usually know more about jet boats than the manufacturers and are always glad to help. You can even e-mail in questions and they respond quickly. I am on their mailing list and they are always coming-up with great stuff to enhance jet boats of all makes. :cool:

Last edited:

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The problem with adding forced induction in a marine application is exhaust manifold cooling capacity. Adding a turbo will significantly raise EGT's, and water cooling that exhaust is NOT an easy task for a fabricator. Aside from building a log style manifold, and "boxxing it in", getting a true tubular manifold will be difficult.

The second issue is fueling and timing control. I know the 1.8L engines have that capability, but I'm unsure in the TR-1's. Even if you do, you need some good datalogging and tuning software, as well as the appropriate instruments on the engine to adjust fuel and air. Things like O2 sensors won't live long in water cooled exhaust manifolds.

A final hiccup, is the remaining overhead in engine performance. I suspect there is SOME in these engines, however whatever you increase in power you will decrease in engine life. The Yamaha engines are proven to be VERY reliable, and I'll take the hit on performance in exchange for the reliability.

With all that said, I've often thought about getting a low cost/possibly damaged SX190, and throwing a turbo, larger injectors and pump, and an aftermarket ECU on there to see what I could get done. My thought is the limiting factor will be the pump size and impeller pitch. The 195's moved to a 160mm pump for this reason.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA

$8500/engine. Lets see, $50k for a new 210 FSH plus $17k plus for the kits, I think I’d be in the market for a new and bigger boat.