• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Please read the Classified Ads Posting Rules before Posting something for Sale!

Boats MUST LIST A LOCATION (State)IN THE TITLE (Seems people can't read lately)-along with Make/Model/Year

Completed Surdyke Yamaha used 2016 242X E-Series

fraserjr

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
For anyone looking for a lightly used 2016 242X E-Series who may be in the Missouri area, you might want to check out this boat. Looks like previous owner removed the graphics (I likely would have too as I am not a fan of the "sport" look.

From the listing:

Barley used and like new 2016 Yamaha 242X Eseries with only 20 hours offered for $61999. All boat graphics have been removed by previous owner. Boat comes with remainder of 5 year Yamaha extended warranty (4 years left). Trailer, Cover, bimini top all included.

Link: http://www.surdykeyamaha.com/2016-yamaha-242x-e-series-inventory.htm?id=1646693&in-stock=1

If I hadn't bought my 2016 242 LS E-Series in September and was willing to travel/have this shipped, I likely would have been all over this boat.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
1 yr old boats scare the hell out of me. . . . I always go to worst case scenario (think LEMON) as to why they are parting with it.

jlcj7

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Here is a 1 year old boat that seems like a great deal. New I think. $10,000 off a 242. IMG_0996.PNG

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
wow i can't find deals like that (in the ad) around where I am! I would like to jump to a 242 Limited S (in my dreams lol)

jlcj7

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I got an email from Sun Sports Water and Cycle (not sure where they are located, maybe FL) This add looks to be for teh boat show in Naples... here is the pics of the email i received:

jlcj7

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Oops... here they are...1 .jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4 .jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
they don't have any info on the boats...but that 2016 242 Limited S for $51,999 is the deal i would go after...*again in my dreams lol

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I have been looking to upgrade to the 242 model and keep seeing boats in Florida going for great prices . Now after reading this post this could be the reason. The ones that I missed 2016 242 s with 80 hrs including floating dock 42k 2016 242e with 30 hrs 45k . Did any members get boats at these prices maybe I will have to wait for the boat show .

Ted & Aja

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
1 yr old boats scare the hell out of me. . . . I always go to worst case scenario (think LEMON) as to why they are parting with it.
I would think they are tired of going through the hassle of the boat always being at the shop. We have a 2016 242 and I swear it spends more time at the shop than in the water. It's constantly something. They have extended our warranty and I talk directly to corporate now. Love the dealer but parts can take forever.

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I would think they are tired of going through the hassle of the boat always being at the shop. We have a 2016 242 and I swear it spends more time at the shop than in the water. It's constantly something. They have extended our warranty and I talk directly to corporate now. Love the dealer but parts can take forever.
What items did you bring it in for ? searching for a new boat It would be great to know what items could potentially need warranty work

Did anyone get this deal ?

Monday, June 25, 2018.jpg

Ted & Aja

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
What items did you bring it in for ? searching for a new boat It would be great to know what items could potentially need warranty work

The day the boat came home the motors were having issues starting. It was an on going battle that was finally solved after about a month in the shop it was in a connection. The back radio control became foggy, got replaced. Sound system had rattle that ended with speakers being replaced, and others that were loose also got fixed. Now it's the ballast bags not filling they replaced the pumps but we have yet to see it fill, going to try again this week. Little issues like light cover falling off. Blue tooth wasn't working at one point I don't recall if it was replaced or repaired. Last trip in salt water it over heated but we still aren't sure of the cause.

I love the boat my other half is getting frustrated and I understand we spent a lot of money buying it brand new. But the team at Barney's is wonderful and it's just time consuming dealing with Yamaha sometimes.

Chr2004

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
What is the name of the company with the above offers? Sounds too good to be true. Haha