• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Surf foil rack/mount recommendation??

GRcrawler

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Just picked up a new Surf Foil and trying to figure out a way to store it safely in a rack on the boat. This is going to be the biggest down side of a foil board. I'm hoping I don't have put it together every time we go out. Does any one have pictures or rack recommendation for boating with the foil assembled?

giroux68

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Found this, but no photo of it with a board in it. Pricey to say the least. Break out another thousand....

brddog

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Shouldn't a normal rack wide enough to handle a surf board do the trick? You may have to adjust the angle to where the board is more parallel to the tower so the fins stick straight out or straight out and slightly down from the tower.

Dylan01

Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
The slingshot boards are essentially a regular surfboard with a foil on the bottom. Most surf racks should work. The only inboards rack above is for the airchair, which is slightly thicker and a smaller foil (higher speed). I would be cautious assuming that rack would work.

brddog

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Here is a picture of the combo wakesurf/wakeboard rack from Amarine Store.

GRcrawler

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Thanks brddog, that's the exact mount I was looking at because of adjustability. I was a little worried about the fingers being a little short

Nauti-Nurse

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have the same board and a similar surf width rack. Works for mine but be cautious with that particular setup, the bungie cords will indent/damage the soft top slingshot board. LOL I used two folded up paper plates between the bungie and board once I realized it was damaging the board. It was what I had on hand that day. Now I use two cut pieces of cut pool noodle lol.

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Has this worked out well for all of you long term? Any damage to the soft boards?

I’ve got to get a rack on my boat this season, I’m currently disassembling every time and it’s super annoying.

GRcrawler

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
If you have a light weight high-end board I would not recommend a normal surf rack. There is too much swing weight and it will start to flex the board/glass. I haven't found an answer yet.

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
If you have a light weight high-end board I would not recommend a normal surf rack. There is too much swing weight and it will start to flex the board/glass. I haven't found an answer yet.
Bummer, thanks. I have the slingshot wf-2, it seems fragile which is why I haven’t done anything yet.