• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Surfing behind AR190 homemade WakeBooster

Chucktrex

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I found a way to make a wake booster out of angle iron. I’ve been looking for a wake booster but they’re hard to find for a reasonable price. I made one similar out of angle iron and it seems to work. My board isn’t very fast but my wake looks great with 700# of ballast. I’m thinking about making this setup to sell. My wake is about 3-4’. These are relatively easy to make and I can powder coat them. The pin I made is similar to the one Yamaha makes. Give me your thoughts.

Attachments

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
very interested,
is the 700# all on the back deck?
where are you boating at?
can you take any video and post it?
Does anybody in your crew surf regular or is everybody goofy? the goofy side is always a better wave,

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Is it possible to round some of those edges? Speaking as a guy that has fallen off my swim deck twice this year, I’d hate to slice open my leg on that corner that is sticking out.

Chucktrex

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes of course. This one is my prototype.

Chucktrex

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
very interested,
Does anybody in your crew surf regular or is everybody goofy? the goofy side is always a better wave,

It switches sides very easily. It moves to the side that’s being surfed

Chucktrex

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It switches sides very easily. It moves to the side that’s being surfed
I boat on the Sacramento delta. I put all the weight on the back swim decks in the middle. Just like Yamaha does with their setup

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Yes of course. This one is my prototype.
I figured. Lol :)

That was just the first thing I thought of. Congrats on thinking outside the box and making your own thing!

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I would be interested. First reason being the Yamaha one doesn’t work on the 2018 and prior 19’ boats.

Jgorm

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I dig it. So you are changeling water from the port to starboard side for surfing goofy? Have you played with the angle or length? I like the simple design! I might have to try making a couple myself. My plasma cutter could cut those holes in a minute.

Chucktrex

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I dig it. So you are changeling water from the port to starboard side for surfing goofy? Have you played with the angle or length? I like the simple design! I might have to try making a couple myself. My plasma cutter could cut those holes in a minute.
Yes it channels water towards the center. I tried a shorter but it wasn’t enough. This one is 12” long. It’s moveable from side to side. It’s fairly easy to move too.

Chucktrex

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
One other thing I want to try is having one on each side at the same time. Idk why but I feel it could be great.

Chucktrex

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
very interested,

I will post a video the next time I get out.

Attachments

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I found a way to make a wake booster out of angle iron. I’ve been looking for a wake booster but they’re hard to find for a reasonable price. I made one similar out of angle iron and it seems to work. My board isn’t very fast but my wake looks great with 700# of ballast. I’m thinking about making this setup to sell. My wake is about 3-4’. These are relatively easy to make and I can powder coat them. The pin I made is similar to the one Yamaha makes. Give me your thoughts.
Pretty awesome!!!

dadofral

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Simple form of making one. Could be done for the 212x as well. How did you determine the angle?

Chucktrex

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Simple form of making one. Could be done for the 212x as well. How did you determine the angle?
I put the angle at a 45. It seems to Chanel the water perfectly into the wake after the jet.

JetboatDrvr

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Following as well, just bought the TVW so I'm looking forward to seeing what that does. I don't have any expectation that my 190 is going to make a wave like a 9000lb boat but a little better would be nice.

Theturtle7023

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I installed the tvw last week and tried it out this weekend. An experienced surfer was able to go ropeless with only two 120 lb girls sitting on the transom. Buying ballast this week so the inexperienced (me) can go ropeless.